Zaonce is Venus 8k

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Zaonce is Venus 8k

Post by another_commander »

Here is the next planet in the series. This OXP will transform Zaonce to the beautiful hell that is Venus. As usual, an 8k diffuse texture is used. The texture in use is actually two textures from Solar System Scope combined: a surface and a clouds texture, fused into one. Hopefully the look is realistic enough, although I've seen so many wildly different images of Venus out there that I cannot be perfectly certain.

You can run the OXP on Oolite v1.90 and newer. If you use the current 1.91 development version, you will be able to take advantage of the new air_density planet entity property which, for the purposes of simulating the thick atmosphere of Venus, has been set to 1.0. On v1.90 this property will simply be ignored.

Images of what it looks like in-game:

The OXP is available from the in-game Expansion Pack Manager and from its page on the wiki.

Licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Zaonce is Venus 8k

Post by stranger »

Nice!
It is very good news about air_density property in next game release, thank you!
And is it planned to realize new planet properties using JavaScript in 1.92 release? It will be good to have instrument for smart planet appearance selection.