Two Questions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Two Questions

Post by Nite Owl »

First - before I go through the long process of moving files around to find the culprit does anyone recognize which .oxp(z) the following comes from?

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "IR-GSE-ad" specifies non-existent model "IR-gse-ad.dat".
Second - what does this mean?

[WARNING]: Warning! Global namespace polluted by:
[WARNING]: ["MC_clockStringToMinutes","MC_randomElement","MC_randomExponential","MC_randomNormals","MC_ceilScale","MC_floorScale","MC_logistic","MC_uniform","buoy","TRAPS","ECMJammer_ecmShips","key","c"]
Neither one of these seems to have any effect on my game play but they are a pain to constantly see popping up in my Latest Log. Thank You - We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Two Questions

Post by Cody »

Iron Raven; it means nothing (Library).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Tweaking and fixing stuff is getting easier once you know where and what to look for. It is also getting scary. Time for milk and cookies.

Cody

Post by Cody »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:02 am
Time for milk and cookies.
Time for coffee! <worships at the shrine of the caffeine goddess>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

The shipdata error is likely to be a missing is_external_dependency key.
The Library warning about global namespace is a problem, because global namespace shouldn't be used and is likely to clash with other AddOns which are using it. And if this kind of clash happens then it will be pretty difficult to find the reason. And to complete it - it is easy to use the scripts namespace / scope instead.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

The first one was an easy fix once one is told where to look. The coded reference was to "IR-gse-ad.dat" when it should have been referenced as "IR-GSE-ad.dat". Capitalization matters in such things apparently.

The second one is way beyond my current ability to fix so it will be lived with for now.

Working my way to a Latest Log with no error messages and a game that suits my play style despite 300+ Oxz(p)'s. These were the very last of the errors that could not be figured out until now. More errors will probably pop up later as things get added, updated, and tweaked. Are we having fun - YES - there is a "not in game but benefits the game" challenge to it that is quite enjoyable.

Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 pm
Working my way to a Latest Log with no error messages and a game that suits my play style despite 300+ Oxz(p)'s.

Are we having fun - YES - there is a "not in game but benefits the game" challenge to it that is quite enjoyable.
This is pretty much my default way of playing Oolite at the moment - not actually playing at all!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:17 am
Second - what does this mean?

[WARNING]: Warning! Global namespace polluted by:
[WARNING]: ["MC_clockStringToMinutes","MC_randomElement","MC_randomExponential","MC_randomNormals","MC_ceilScale","MC_floorScale","MC_logistic","MC_uniform","buoy","TRAPS","ECMJammer_ecmShips","key","c"]
Might this be the Mining Contracts oxp?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

The [WARNING]: Warning! Global namespace polluted by: stuff has continuously popped up in my Latest.log since forever. It comes in many variations and does not always have the same references nor does it seem to have any relationship to any previous time it has appeared. The best advice received was to just ignore it.

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

The message comes from Library, and it means that some OXP has done something in the "global" namespace that it shouldn't really be doing. With my current OXP load, all I get is:

18:05:56.431 [WARNING]: Warning! Global namespace polluted by:
18:05:56.431 [WARNING]: ["postFX","prop","key","c"]
The only way to narrow down which OXP is responsible is to remove some and then see if the items go away.
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

The [WARNING]: Warning! Global namespace polluted by: entry in my Latest.log has gotten much shorter then it was back in 2018. This is likely due to updated OXZ releases squashing the bugs that caused the warnings in the first place. Some of the warnings might have also been squashed due to a better understanding on my part of how Oolite works. Back in 2018 nothing was known. Today a smidgen more is understood. Going through an extensive Binary Search of over 300 OXZs to narrow down the few remaining entries is something best left for "another day". Game play does not seem to be influenced in any way so we shall see what we shall see.

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just for completeness, my most recent latest.log has this:

23:03:14.525 [WARNING] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Warning! Global namespace polluted by:
23:03:14.525 [WARNING] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ["MC_clockStringToMinutes","MC_randomElement","MC_randomExponential","MC_randomNormals","MC_ceilScale","MC_floorScale","MC_logistic","MC_uniform","buoy","TRAPS","pow","LITF_placeLabel","LITF_reLabel","FuncGalaxyCheck","FuncMarkGal_0","FuncMarkGal_1","FuncMarkGal_2","FuncMarkGal_3","FuncMarkGal_4","FuncMarkGal_5","FuncMarkGal_6","FuncMarkGal_7","FuncUnMarkAll","key","c"]
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Hmm.
Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:26 am

"MC_clockStringToMinutes","MC_randomElement","MC_randomExponential","MC_randomNormals","MC_ceilScale","MC_floorScale","MC_logistic","MC_uniform"
Oh, look! I actually fixed Mining Contracts for my own build back in 2018...
Maybe I should upload this version. I don't think Diagoras is coming back.
Edit: and done. v1.13 should be available in the DM shortly.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:26 am
Just for completeness, my most recent latest.log has this:
Cholmondely, can I get you to replace your current SecComFinder4GalNavy OXP with this one: SecComFinder4GalacticNavy_0.6.2.oxz and see if more of the reports have been cleaned up. If it still works OK (I don't run with GalNavy and I'm not in the mood to try atm) I'll publish this to the DM.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:54 am
Cholmondely, can I get you to replace your current SecComFinder4GalNavy OXP with this one: SecComFinder4GalacticNavy_0.6.2.oxz and see if more of the reports have been cleaned up. If it still works OK (I don't run with GalNavy and I'm not in the mood to try atm) I'll publish this to the DM.
Done!

Result from replacing SecComFinder4GalacticNavy (I had to tweak the manifest.plist) & Mining Contracts with your cleaner versions:

17:08:55.551 [WARNING] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): Warning! Global namespace polluted by:
17:08:55.551 [WARNING] GlobalLog (OOJSGlobal.m:266): ["buoy","TRAPS","pow","LITF_placeLabel","LITF_reLabel","key","c"]
The LitF is the unfinished version which MassivelyLocked was working on.
Comments wanted: