Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Extra planets - how to find the stations?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

Extra planets - how to find the stations?

Post by pleiadian »

Warning: stupid noob question incoming. Either I am really doin' it 'rong, or there is something I'm missing. So I figured out the nav buoys when jumping to another system, and how to get to the prime stations. But since I like variety and immersion, I installed the entire "Additional Planets" series of OXPs. Then, I installed the "Stations for Extra Planets" packs (I hope for these to be correct... otherwise this might already be the cause of the issue).

I started out with my fresh new commander, Torus-drove to what I believe the next planet to be. However, I cannot find any station at all - no buoy, no nothing. However, when docked at Lave main station, and when I then open the In-System-Distances panel, it tells me of a main station and another Coriolis station.

So I'm wondering if I installed the wrong OXPs, or if there's something missing I'm not seeing or doing? Do I need to lock on to something to get the exact coordinates of a station? The compass does not "see" the second planet.

Thanks in advance guys.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Re: Extra planets - how to find the stations?

Post by Redspear »

This is one for spara to answer best but I don't think every extra planet has a station, only some of them.

The easiest way to fiind them is to purchase the Advanced Space Compass for your ship.
You should then be able to cycle through all of the beacons and stations within the entire system.

I hope that helps and that you enjoy the planets :)
pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Extra planets - how to find the stations?

Post by pleiadian »

Ya thanks... I will get that littls gem. :)

So, I must apologize for my stupidity - Lave does not have two stations. I have an OXP installed which shows buy and sell prices side by side.