Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

That was weird

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

That was weird

Post by DredgerMan »

Feature or Bug?

I was tracking down a Random Hit target and when I got him, I gave him a full blast of the lasers as you do.

He ran as they sometimes do and jumped out. When I followed him through the wormhole I had a misjump and landed in bugspace with 5 bug warships surrounding me. Since I finally had a cloak I decided to use it and whilst I was going through the list of primables, I suddenly noticed that a wormhole had opened up behind me leading me back to the original system.

I thought, what the heck, by the time that I get to waste the bugs my mark would be long gone and I must admit I didn't actually know which system we had (tried to) jump to so I took the wormhole back and landed safely in the original system when I suddenly noticed the mark hovering just in front of me. I attacked, he jumped again, I followed to a new system and .....

he ceased to be, he's now pushing up the daisies, it's an ex-mark, etc.

I just wondered if the rescueing wormhole was by design, in which case VERY well done, whoever did it, or was it a simple bug (unlike the bugs I jumped away from, of course). :wink:.

OR I wonder if the following is possible?

I attack the mark and the mark jumps away.
His jump triggers a missjump.
As I follow his ship through the wormhole I misjump too.
We both end up in bug space, him before me.
Since he arrived first he is targetted by the bugs first.
He (somehow) escapes by opening another wormhole which just happens (?) to lead to the same system he escaped from???
I follow him so get back to the system too, attack him, he jumps again and I follow him again allowing me to waste him in the new system?

:?
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: That was weird

Post by Cody »

Feature!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!