Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Returning player slightly bewildered

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Returning player slightly bewildered

Post by DredgerMan »

Good afternoon, all.

Having returned once more to this great game, I am very appreciative of this new version. The defs certainly haven't sat idly around during my absence! :D

However, and this may be because of the many changes that have happened in the past, I am a bit bemused about the native cloak mission.

When I last played it, you only got one shot at the group of three, which I duely despatched, as one would do, but the last and unnamed ASP did not drop anything. I, of course, blamed my fatty fingers for firing too long and thus blowing up the pod with the starnge equipment but after a shrug I continued on my way to another system and suddenly the group of three were back. They were, of course, despatched but still nothing dropped, and this time I made sure I used single stabs of laserfire to whack the unnamed one.

I have since tried it twenty times or so, and once or twice a metal shard was dropped after the explosion but no special pod.

My log shows no attempt of a pod drop.

Opening log for Oolite version 1.84 (x86-64) under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit at 2016-08-27 16:24:11 +0100.
4 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

16:24:11.795 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1024 x 768
16:24:12.311 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
16:24:12.311 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.1.0 ("3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4229"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000".
16:24:12.311 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (115):
GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_snorm, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_INTEL_performance_queries, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_INTEL_map_texture, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_blend_square
16:24:12.390 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
16:24:12.602 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
Resources
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ArexackHeretic.CargoWreck.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.PoliceIFFScanner.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.capt_murphy.Illegal_Goods_Tweak.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.energy-bomb.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.DrNil.Commies.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.EricWalch.DeepSpaceDredger.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Frame.FuelCollector.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Griff_shipset_decals.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Ophidian_(EliteA).oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Lone_Wolf.NavalGridNext.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.FuelTank.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.ClassicShips(Replace).oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicSuperPythons.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicVarietyPack.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.countdown_to_zero.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Bigships.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.CargoSpotter.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.IronHide.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.MilFuelInj.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.RepairBots.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Tracker.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.AutoCrosshairs.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Display_Reputation.oxz
C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Untrumbled.oxz

12:14:21.823 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 99 energy
12:14:21.920 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 94 energy
12:14:22.020 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 88 energy
12:14:22.112 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 82 energy
12:14:22.209 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 77 energy
12:14:22.307 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 71 energy
12:14:22.402 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 65 energy
12:14:22.497 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 60 energy
12:14:22.594 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 54 energy
12:14:22.690 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 49 energy
12:14:22.787 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 43 energy
12:14:22.884 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 37 energy
12:14:22.981 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 32 energy
12:14:23.079 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 26 energy
12:14:23.175 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 21 energy
12:14:23.273 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 15 energy
12:14:23.366 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 9 energy
12:14:23.459 [LogEvents]: Player attacked Asp Mark II 18309 who has 4 energy
12:14:23.552 [LogEvents]: Player lost lock on Asp Mark II 18309
12:14:23.552 [LogEvents]: Player target Asp Mark II 18309 is destroyed
12:14:23.552 [LogEvents]: Player killed Asp Mark II 18309 with energy damage
12:14:23.578 [LogEvents]: Player alert condition changed from 3 to 1
12:14:23.686 [LogEvents]: Wreckage 13755 spawned at 6 km
12:14:23.686 [LogEvents]: Metal fragment 26164 spawned at 6 km
12:14:23.909 [LogEvents]: Wreckage 1013 spawned at 6 km
Is this how it should be, i.e. has the setup of this core mission been changed? The log file showed no errors by the way.

Also, in the case that everything is as it should be, is there a way I can force this mission closed? It is getting a bit tiremsome to be jumped by the three every time I perform a hyperjump.
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Returning player slightly bewildered

Post by another_commander »

Welcome back. I played this mission twice just now and both times the Asp released the unusual cargo pod (which I subsequently scooped), so it seems to work OK here. My guess is that one of the listed OXPs might be interfering with the mission script.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Try move the .oxz files into another folder, win the combat and move them back. If you will be successful then surely one of them is the reason.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Many thanks, A_C, Norby.

Got the job done in the end and nailed it down to one of the following OXP's.

Griffs Decals
Ophidian
Fueltank
Classic Ships (Replace)
Classic Ships Variety or
Military Fuel Injector

Can't be more specific, I'm afraid as I got a bit annoyed when I tried to remove them one by one without a result so I increased the number of additions per go. But I decided to record the possibilities here to assist others who find themselves in the same situation as I was.

Anyway, I now have a brand spanking new (used) cloaking device #YAY# that I rarely use #Ahhh#. But at leats the trio is gone now when I hype to another system. :wink:
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ah, this might be Classic Ships :roll:
The cloaked asp has the script (classicShipsScript.js) in shipdata to make it go derelict if the pilot ejects and this script is possibly over-riding the "oolite-cloaking-device-target-ship.js" script, causing the special cargo pod to not be released.
The 'addition' set has this script as well, so the problem could also occur if the game calls a Classic Asp as the cloaked one. The 'derelict' script is not really necessary for this ship anyway so I will update both, just in case this is the cause.
Does anybody know, is the Wiki still unable to accept large file uploads at the moment?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

<grins> If it had been Griff's Decals, I'd have eaten my sombrero!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Cody wrote:
<chortles> And I would've seasoned it with salt and pepper.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Smivs wrote:
Does anybody know, is the Wiki still unable to accept large file uploads at the moment?
Yep, no news from Winston, I'm afraid, so we're still stuck at 8MB.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ah, OK. Thanks maik.
As soon as we're OK again I'll get this update uploaded.

I've posted on the OXP's thread as well, just to keep everybody up to date.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Good show, Smivs!

Sorry to have been such a pain :(

But glad that you got to show again what a cracking ooliter you are! :)

As for the sombrero ...
CaptSolo wrote:
Cody wrote:

<chortles> And I would've seasoned it with salt and pepper.
I would have stamped Griff's decals all over it before drenching it all in peri-peri sauce. Chewy and spicy! Just like the carrots that my mother used to cook for us!

Yummy!!!!

:wink:

Cody

Post by Cody »

I was thinking of vindaloo sauce, as it happens!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

You did? Hmmm, well, what can I say. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. :lol:

On the other hand, it IS your sombrero, so I guess you can get away with that.

Just.

:wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

DredgerMan wrote:
Good show, Smivs!

Sorry to have been such a pain :(

bugreporters are never a pain but an asset to Oolite. You should get a badge for spotting this and going to the trouble of deducing it down to a small set of possible culprits
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Indeed. All part of the quality control process. :) Thanks for the report.
BTW I have posted the fix for this issue on the OXP's thread so anyone about to move up to G5 might want to do this as the mission in question normally happens quite soon after the jump, and you wouldn't want to miss it.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Ooooh, Rxke. You say the sweetest things ......... Youz maikin mie blusj!

What can I say other than: J’étais heureux de le faire\Graag gedaan\It was my pleasure.