Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cargo space reduced from 35t to 17t out of the blue...

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Charles
Average
Average

Cargo space reduced from 35t to 17t out of the blue...

Post by Charles »

Recently while playing this fabulous port I noticed that my Cobra Mark III's cargo space only has 17t available. Is there any other equipment that would reduce the space if installed? Just wondering... Can't get to the bottom of this. I even corrected the <max_cargo> value back to 35 in my save files. It worked once, but then the cargo max would suddenly drop to 17 again, and fixing this in the savefile hasn't changed anything in the game as of yet. Any help appreciated!
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Cargo space reduced from 35t to 17t out of the blue...

Post by Cody »

Hi, and welcome... it might be handy if you posted the Latest.log so we can see which AddOns are installed.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Charles
Average
Average

Post by Charles »

Cody wrote:
Hi, and welcome... it might be handy if you posted the Latest.log so we can see which AddOns are installed.
Thanks! So, here are the OXP entries from my Latest.log:

~/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/oolite.app/Resources
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
AddOns
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.shipset-compatibility.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Buoy.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Knotty.RealisticStars.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Griff_shipset_decals.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Explosions.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.edgepixel.FontDosis.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.AutoCrosshairs.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG-A.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.ore_processor.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.noshaders_Asteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_inquirer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TrafficControl.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Rorschachhamster.Satellites.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.cougar_st1.5.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Asteroids_resources.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_player-ship_name.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.XenonHUD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Neo-Docklights.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.z.phkb.XenonUIResourcesJ.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.ShipRespray.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.manifest_mfd.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.TorusToSun.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Untrumbled.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.DisplayCurrentCourse.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.IronHide.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.ReverseControl.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.CombatMFD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Trails.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.galaxy_names.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.z.phkb.XenonUI.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CommonSenseOTB.SniperLock.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.navigation_mfd.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Station_Bundle.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.MinerCobra.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompassPackA.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Staer9.Icesteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.audible_docking_clearance.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicVarietyPack.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TAP.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.contractor.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EmailSystem.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Undocumented_Launch.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.VariableMasslock.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Disembodied.FreeTradeZone.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Delightful Docking.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.shadyAsteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.RingRacer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Wildships.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicShipyard.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.ClassicShips(Addition).oxz
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Moved to Testing and Bug Reports; it is unlikely to be Linux-specific.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Charles, do you have any OXP's installed via the "AddOns" folder? On first reading your list of OXP's I can't see anything obvious that might be impacting your cargo space.
Charles
Average
Average

Post by Charles »

phkb wrote:
Charles, do you have any OXP's installed via the "AddOns" folder? On first reading your list of OXP's I can't see anything obvious that might be impacting your cargo space.
Except for an equipment.plist and keyconfig.plist and .keyconfig.plist.swp the AddOns folder is empty. I did not install any OXP's manually but via the game's main menu. I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" Cinnamon Edition, by the way, if that's of any help.

Meanwhile, the issue has sorted itself out. The only thing I tried was to have my Cobra resprayed back to its default skin. Before I had this red pirate look on. That action did not restore the usual cargo space immediately, but then I left Oolite for a couple hours, checked back in and lo and behold, all of a sudden I had my 35 tonnes back. So I don't know if this has anything to do with your Ship Respray 1.2.1 OXP? Might be worth looking into it. Or possibly Captain Murphy's Ship_Storage_Helper script, the latest version of which apparently dating back to 2012, could have caused any conflicts. Not at all sure.

Thanks a lot for your help, anyway!

Cheers
Charles
Last edited by Charles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Maybe related with [wiki]Ship Storage Helper[/wiki] due to [wiki]Ship Respray[/wiki] use it to change the ship below you. Please check if you use the latest (v0.28). If yes and you can reproduce the problem then tell me and I will try to make a fix.
Charles
Average
Average

Post by Charles »

Positive: version 0.28. I'm just looking through the Ship_Storage_Helper script file but I am a bit overwhelmed....
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Ah, a ship respray issue! The red pirate look - you wouldn't know where that came from, do you? I've nosed about in smivs' Classic Ships and Classic Variety Pack, but I can't see any obvious reason why Ship Respray might change your cargo space.
Charles
Average
Average

Post by Charles »

phkb wrote:
Ah, a ship respray issue! The red pirate look - you wouldn't know where that came from, do you? I've nosed about in smivs' Classic Ships and Classic Variety Pack, but I can't see any obvious reason why Ship Respray might change your cargo space.
No, I can't imagine there's any fault in your two little files, then again, I'm not much of a programmer. But it looked comprehensible enough for me understand that I had to dig deeper... into Norby's realm. Ah ah.

By the way, it was the Windows version of Oolite that actually brought me back to Linux. You guys have reopened a whole new world of possibilities in an otherwise restricted world to me. Thanks a million for that!
Cody

Post by Cody »

Charles wrote:
You guys have reopened a whole new world of possibilities in an otherwise restricted world to me. Thanks a million for that!
<buffs nails>
Charles
Average
Average

Post by Charles »

Norby wrote:
Maybe related with [wiki]Ship Storage Helper[/wiki] due to [wiki]Ship Respray[/wiki] use it to change the ship below you. Please check if you use the latest (v0.28). If yes and you can reproduce the problem then tell me and I will try to make a fix.
What about this section (line numbers 104-111) about incrementing the counter:

Code: Select all

storedShipArray.push(equipment); // storedShipArray[7]
	var hold = new Array(17);
	for(counter = 0;counter<17;counter++){hold[counter] = manifest[this.cargoType[counter]];}
	storedShipArray.push(hold); // storedShipArray[8]
	storedShipArray.push(ship.fuel); //storedShipArray[9]
	var passengers = ship.passengers;
	for(counter = 0;counter<passengers.length;counter++)
	{
Last edited by Charles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Tip: highlight any code you post and hit the Code button.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Charles wrote:
What about this section (line numbers 104-111) about incrementing the counter
There are 17 cargo types in this.cargoType array defined in line 9 to save your cargo and restore in the new ship (line 488). I think this is not the reason.

The handler codes of cargoSpaceCapacity needed more tweaks to work well with passenger berths, large cargo bay and oxp equipments which need cargo space. I suspect this but I have no idea without exact steps to faliure.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Cody wrote:
Charles wrote:
<Penguinist words>
<buffs nails>
<Slip on wings> ;)