Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Right arrow key doesn't work on status screen

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Right arrow key doesn't work on status screen

Post by phkb »

On the status screen, if you are using a HUD with the big GUI turned on, you can only press "Enter" with "More" selected to go to the next page. However, you can press the left arrow key to go back one page. On looking at the source, I think it's wants to let the player use the right arrow, but it doesn't seem to work.

If you have a HUD that doesn't enable the big GUI, both left and right arrows work to change pages.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Right arrow key doesn't work on status screen

Post by another_commander »

I think I have a fix for this. I am not able to commit it right now, but hopefully it will be in time for tomorrow's nightly.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Thanks, a_c! I'll be on the lookup for it!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Fixed in e4a63ce.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

CTRl-UP doesn't work while in flight.

Post by Mazur »

another_commander wrote:
Fixed in e4a63ce.
I have a similar problem: when flying, my CTRL-UP precision direction control doesn;t work, it does nothing. The other three directions, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, with or without CTRL, work as advertised, as well as the uncontrolled UP key. This gives me major headaches whenever I encounter pirates. I die a thousand deaths each time I try to take them out. Can't get a bead on them to return fire. Any clues as to where I should look for a solution?
User Mazur, Commander Vatta, Hyperspace Delivery Boy.
Squeaky clean, utterly harmless, rank amateur.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Mazur wrote:
I have a similar problem: when flying, my CTRL-UP precision direction control doesn;t work, it does nothing. The other three directions, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, with or without CTRL, work as advertised, as well as the uncontrolled UP key. This gives me major headaches whenever I encounter pirates. I die a thousand deaths each time I try to take them out. Can't get a bead on them to return fire. Any clues as to where I should look for a solution?
I cannot reproduce this. What keys are you using as up/down/left/right controls? Are you using joystick and keyboard together by any chance? Does it happen also without any OXPs installed (you can try starting a game in strict mode to test this)?
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

another_commander wrote:
Mazur wrote:
I cannot reproduce this. What keys are you using as up/down/left/right controls? Are you using joystick and keyboard together by any chance? Does it happen also without any OXPs installed (you can try starting a game in strict mode to test this)?
I'm using the arrow keys on my keyboard, and binary: Oolite development version 1.83.0.6660-160130-10ca9e2 (x86-64 test release) under Linux 3.19.0-61-generic

I used not to have this problem in previous versions I used, and only a few OXPs have been upgraded since I started playing again two months ago.

[Edit:]

Just now tested the binary with only the following OXPs:

oolite.oxp.Norby.Superhub_for_Extra_Planets.oxz
oolite.oxp.Pagroove.Superhub.oxz
oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
oolite.oxp.spara.stations_for_extra_planets.oxz

Same problem exists.
Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Fritz »

Perhaps it's a dumb question, but part of my job is doing software support, and I know that even questions like this can solve problems: Can you rule out the keyboard itself? Does Ctrl-Up work in other programs?
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Fritz wrote:
Perhaps it's a dumb question, but part of my job is doing software support, and I know that even questions like this can solve problems: Can you rule out the keyboard itself? Does Ctrl-Up work in other programs?
Did my own stint in customer support, so I know, but yes, xev reports it loud and clear, or so I thought: here in the reply it does not do the opposite of CTRL-DOWN, but nothing at all, as well. Thanks! Should have thought to check that better, myself.

I'll report back when i find out where it gets intercepted.

[Edit:]
It turns out, whereas somewhere else my mouse was reported to have 13 buttons, xinput only reports 10, so when I switched two of them to make a thumb button do Middle button work, and defined 13 buttons in total in the process, my CTRL-UP got caught in the result.

Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks for the help.