Bug in PC r439 (Thargoid Plans Mission)

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Bug in PC r439 (Thargoid Plans Mission)

Post by LittleBear »

I have finished the Iconics mission and jumped to galaxy 3. As I had more than 1,281 kills the Thargoid Plans mission trigged when I docked. I sun-skimmed to Birera and got the Navel Engergy Unit. The mission disappeared from my mission list.

However, the game now will not save. Any attempt to save caused the game to jump between Standard and Non-Standard Gamplay and start a new game.

I removed all the OXPs (except my ship - Imperial Courier). But the same problem happened. I tried to save at the start of the mission, but again the same problem happened. However, when I reloaded my position from having finished the Iconics mission (with all the OXPS back) the game would save normally.

As the Thargoid Plans is a Standard Game mission, I think this problem must be due to somthing to do with the game-state after the Thargoid Plans mission is trigged.

Help, as I cannot now get to Galaxy 4 to do the Deposed mission without Triggering Thargoid Plans, as I must dock in Galaxy 3 to get a new Galaxly Drive, which will trigger the mission and leave me unable to save!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Sorry to double-post, but I discovered that if you save the Commander under a different name each time, the bug does not occour.

Odd!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Could it be a file permissions issue?