Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Slight error in random hits 1.4.18

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Slight error in random hits 1.4.18

Post by DredgerMan »

Good hiya doody, all.

having upgraded to 1.82 and upgraded the random hits to 1.4.18 I noticed that after taking out a nefarious dentist assistant, I was greeted on the next jump with a message from a fellow hunter stating that; I belive that the retainers of mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_first_name mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_second_name intend to ... blah blah blah.

Since I am pretty sure I the dentist assistant in question was not named mission_random_hits_etc_etc_etc, I believe I found a bug.

Nothing else seems to have changed.
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Slight error in random hits 1.4.18

Post by spara »

DredgerMan wrote:
Good hiya doody, all.

having upgraded to 1.82 and upgraded the random hits to 1.4.18 I noticed that after taking out a nefarious dentist assistant, I was greeted on the next jump with a message from a fellow hunter stating that; I belive that the retainers of mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_first_name mission_random_hits_revenge_mark_second_name intend to ... blah blah blah.

Since I am pretty sure I the dentist assistant in question was not named mission_random_hits_etc_etc_etc, I believe I found a bug.

Nothing else seems to have changed.
Random Hits 1.4.18 is an old version that has some glitches with newer versions of Oolite. You might want to try the current version (1.10.4) available from the in-game expansion pack manager.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Re: Slight error in random hits 1.4.18

Post by DredgerMan »

Ahh, so that's what that oxp upgrade section was about. What will they think of next! :lol:

Thanks for the pointer, Spara. Just had another revenge warning, this time with the correct names. Doesn't stop them blowing up, either! :wink:
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard