MinerCobra_1.2 Query

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

MinerCobra_1.2 Query

Post by HenriTheNavigatore »

I downloaded this expansion and got an .oxz file. With all the .oxp files in the AddOns folder, I can right-click on them and get a menu option to Show Package Contents. But with the .oxz file, I do not get a menu option to Show Package Contents. So, shouldn't the MinerCobra_1.2.oxz be a MinerCobra_1.2.oxp file instead?

BTW: I am running Oolite1.80 on an Apple iMac under OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: MinerCobra_1.2 Query

Post by Norby »

Welcome HenriTheNavigatore!

In Oolite v1.80 to install an oxz you needn't download separatedly, you can use the expansion manager within the main menu in the game.

If you choose the harder way and download an oxz by hand then put it into the AddOns folder without unpacking and will work.

If you want modify the contents then rename to .zip and you can unpack it. So you have more possibilities, if you still can not reach your goal then please share what you want and there are a dozen of active forum members here who will help almost instantly.
HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

Post by HenriTheNavigatore »

Many thanks Norby!

I just wanted to take the included Miner Cobra.oolite-save out for a spin... Interesting! :wink:
Desperately seeking any Internet Streaming Radio station that absolutely refuses to play any track that has been anywhere near Auto-Tune™ !!!
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Often times you can simply start a new game and immediately trade in your stock Cobra for a Miner Cobra at Lave. :)
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."