Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

a little help with the new game?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

slomoe
Competent
Competent
Location: At The Edge, Looking Down Listening To The Winds Of Limbo Roar

a little help with the new game?

Post by slomoe »

Hello, It's good to be back everything was looking up, a new version and a salvage "career" oxp! so i down loaded the new version and gave it a try only to have a bug or glitch or whatever it must be called! I transfered my saves to the new game and in that save i was in the middle of dropping a taxi client off on Xeer prime. But the game doesn't want to let me drop him off, I come to the planet, follow the instructions and when I get the tunnel and should get a "we're hear already" I get shot back up heading back to the space station and get a message repeating the instructions to land on the planet. When I left the planet the client says "hey where are you taking me", so he's still waiting to be delievered. Along with the saved games i also transfered my oxps which i guess they all still work, except the debugging one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So far I've found that the oxp works when going into the main stations but not to the planets surface and then something completely different the tow oxp are there derlicts out there or do you make them yourself :twisted: bought a bunch of eqyipment and have only got the first morray medical boat is that normal? once again thanks in advance for the help!!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: a little help with the new game?

Post by cim »

There is an incompatibility between version 1.77 and older versions of the Planetfall OXP - if you upgrade your Planetfall OXP to the latest version you should be able to land on the planets successfully again.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Welcome back, slomoe!
cim wrote:
There is an incompatibility between version 1.77 and older versions of the Planetfall OXP - if you upgrade your Planetfall OXP to the latest version you should be able to land on the planets successfully again.
Actually, you should check ALL your OXPs for updated versions of same.. there have been a lot of changes.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Hi slomoe!
slomoe wrote:
the tow oxp are there derlicts out there or do you make them yourself :twisted: bought a bunch of eqyipment and have only got the first morray medical boat is that normal?
[wiki]Towbar[/wiki] OXP originally planned for players with hunter ambitions, so yes, the normal behaviour is to make derelicts from pirates. :)

In v0.9 only a small mission is added but more coming. Versions below 1.0 in case of my OXPs mean that there are more planned features in my todo file, which is quite long so making these will give me a good entertainment for years. But I am glad to read your question due to I sort my priorities based on feedbacks, so "make requests and they will be answered" (sooner ;) ).

I recommend you to check [EliteWiki] Deep Space Dredger and [EliteWiki] Salvage Gang OXPs also due to you can sell salvage in these places without 50% commission.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

As Cim correctly said (thanks :) ), there is some changes in 1.77 which made the old version of Planetfall not work with it. The up to date version is fully compatible with the 1.77.x, and should sort it out.

I would also add though that Planetfall Taxi (the OXP you're referring to for the delivery mission) is also now retired, as it has been superceded by Spara's In-System Taxi OXP (and its dependencies). I'd recommend using that OXP instead of PF Taxi for such missions.
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

Thanks everybody for the info I actually have went back to version 1.76 :oops: every things good there, all my oxps! :D After I do a little more research (and killing, I'm guessing about a 1000 :lol: ) I'll probably go to the newest version along with the newest oxps. :x Apparently there are some opxs that are obsolete or as Thargoid said "retired" I've got to find out which ones are sentenced to the scrap heap and who has been given new life with an upgrade. I believe that I have 50 or probably 60 oxps all tuned to version 1.76 and since I'm a old elite space dog (commadore 64 fame) :roll: I enjoy the infamous energy bomb, which is sadly lacking from the newest version. :cry: I do understand that some feel this is a unfair advantage, I do wish that if you wanted this weapon you could use it and if you didn't you could turn it off. Someday I may come to feel that the energy bomb is not needed but until that time I'll probably continue to use the older version of Oolite.
Norby I have the deep space dredger oxp, but never tried the Anarchies OXP it may be something I should look into! I love the idea of tow bar your oxp would make me want to come to the new version even without the energy bomb, :wink: I'm looking forward to some of the missions you might write, I love the idea of pulling up to a derelict, making a choice of salvage or fuel or both then "mining" the ship it sound great! :idea: How about popping the cargo bay open and finding a new mission or a rescue? maybe a trap or spare parts! :idea: Thanks again to everybody that responded, keep up the good work! 8)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

This OXP makes the Energy Bomb available in 1.77.x (for the diehards), slomoe.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

Cody

Thanks for the oxp! it just changes the button you push? is that the n button or shift n? either way thanks again :lol:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

slomoe wrote:
Cody

Thanks for the oxp! it just changes the button you push? is that the n button or shift n? either way thanks again :lol:
No it doesn't. Still on the TAB key (BBC layout).
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

JazHaz wrote:
slomoe wrote:
No it doesn't. Still on the TAB key (BBC layout).
The new version of the OXP you can do either - you can either trigger it with Tab as before, or you can prime it with shift-n and trigger it with 'n'.
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

Thanks Guys! I like the tab !! :twisted: :twisted:
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

Hello again :cry: , I seem to have got older and less smart as today was my birthday and I thought what a good day to goto version 1.77.1 8) now I have and have had some success, :o I've got a few questions (duh) :? Norbys tow oxp worked up till I tried to hook up to an anaconda, this I found out was to big to tow, but how about the ship mining thing if it's too big you can't mine it :evil: ? On to the next, which was a pet peeve of mine, I've got the energy bomb oxp in my add on folder but it doesn't show up in the game :( . The Next thing on my list is a couple of griff things I have a few giff oxp's in my add on folder the one form my old game was griff_shipset_all_in_1 is that the one or should it be griff_shipset_resources plus the other two griff shipset replace and griff shipset addtions it was my understanding that you put all three in to your add on folder :wink: . I know there have been threads on this board guess I've just not read enough :oops: ! Would someone tell me, redux or demux which would you try, I know, I know, try them both and see for yourself. Lastly I would just like to say, as this year winds down, to all the great, wonderfully smart people who work tirelessly to make this game both fun and fair and the people who keep adding missions and other fun things, THANK YOU and especially those that take time to help an old elite playing dog like myself who always has another question Thanks again!! :lol:
Cody

Post by Cody »

slomoe wrote:
The Next thing on my list is a couple of griff things I have a few giff oxp's in my add on folder the one form my old game was griff_shipset_all_in_1 is that the one or should it be griff_shipset_resources plus the other two griff shipset replace and griff shipset addtions it was my understanding that you put all three in to your add on folder...
<grins> I'll answer that one - it should be the Griff's resources OXP plus either the replace OXP or the additions OXP (and his Station bundle, of course).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

slomoe wrote:
I tried to hook up to an anaconda, this I found out was to big to tow, but how about the ship mining thing if it's too big you can't mine it?
If you got "Towbar can not lock on ...: too heavy for your ship" then you need to buy a Ship Miner equipment or repair it if damaged. If you have Ship Miner equipment then you will get a "You are anchored to a heavy ship" message but in this case mining is in progress, just wait and do not touch the controls else you will release the ship.

Regarding Griff's OXPs as Cody said if you want to see the new ships only then delete "all_in_1" and keep "resources" and "replace". "Addition" also not needed but harmless if stay here.
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

I'll see what the giff oxps does :D on tow bar I had the equipment to mine the ship and I believe that I got 24 textiles 8) by meaning when you "mine" a ship you're just taking it's cargo? or do you dismantle it down to it's basic componets like alloys, computers, weapons, and the such? :? first time playing just don't know, what is the mining assitant :roll: ? and while I seem to have someones attention I can't seem to get the energy bomb or the random names oxps to work they seem to be in the add on file but don't work :cry: any help would be appreciated thanks