Collaborator for a simple OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Good idea?

Good idea
33%
Don't know
No votes
Bad idea
33%
Been done before (if so please comment and let me know where)
33%

Total votes: 3

Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Collaborator for a simple OXP

Post by Cpt »

I have an idea for a simple OXP but I am a player not a programmer, so I was wondering if anyone would like to collaborate to help make it?

Being a trusting sort who would only like to be credited in an OXP I helped to make the proposed OXP name "Personalised Ship Name"

Brief "Every ship has a registration number however a number of backers have allowed a player to personalise the name of their ship which will appear as 'Model of ship:Add Personalised Ship Name here' this gives the player the chance to have their ship be referred to by their preferred name for only 1000 credits exclusively available at Corporate State worlds (they cornered the market). You might not be able to afford a new ship but you surly can't afford to express your ships authentic personality in giving it a vanity name of your choice"

I guess this should have limited affect on the game play and require only limited coding anyone interested in making this a reality, my idea was inspired by random ship names OXP if this has been done before I missed it, I am playing on 1.76.1 so if this is in 1.77 I already ::shrugs:: but if any of those who are coder types know if there is a gap in the OXP market for this, then please collaborate with this creative type and make it happen.

Thank you for reading!
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Collaborator for a simple OXP

Post by JazHaz »

Cpt wrote:
I am playing on 1.76.1
Why?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

This requires changes to the core game and a while ago I made a suggestion for it. According to cim's notes about the 1.79, at least some of those suggestions will be implemented.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

spara wrote:
This requires changes to the core game and a while ago I made a suggestion for it. According to cim's notes about the 1.79, at least some of those suggestions will be implemented.
I guess those tricksy Corporate State Lawyers could still try and charge for it even if you have suggested it should be free first ::shrugs:: I was in part inspired by those vanity personalised number plates...
JazHaz wrote:
Cpt wrote:
I am playing on 1.76.1
Why?
I am using my 10 year old PC to play this on without a joystick to be able to control with any accuracy using keyboard my workaround has been (ab)using the TAF function. I did try and fail to get the dev version of 1.77 working and was planning to try again using the new dev version for 1.77.1 as this version re-enables the disabled by default TAF function in the 1.77 upgrade...

Has this revelation lost me virtual space cred?

On the ZX spectrum I remember using a joystick to play the game after a while of playing on keyboard, might look into this in future...
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Cpt wrote:
I am using my 10 year old PC to play this on without a joystick to be able to control with any accuracy using keyboard my workaround has been (ab)using the TAF function. I did try and fail to get the dev version of 1.77 working and was planning to try again using the new dev version for 1.77.1 as this version re-enables the disabled by default TAF function in the 1.77 upgrade...
If you really must have TAF, then you can get a patch program to convert the v1.77.1 deployment build installer, to the test version installer, from Berlios, here.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

JazHaz wrote:
convert the v1.77.1 deployment build installer, to the test version installer, from Berlios, here.
It was swapping the normal oolite.exe file for the oolite_sse2 file I think that I had missed when I last tried to load 1.77 last time... So now I am trialling v1.77.1 I notice (i) not sure about the grey background but maybe it will grow on me... (ii) I can now again dock with SecCom station they were refusing docking even after amnesty mission and galactic hyperspace so it is nice to be back in the good graces of this part of the navy ::Grin:: (iii) Like the F4 key option (iv) spent a lot of time putting in some of these shiny new 1.77 oxps but now I might not go back to 1.76.1 if I can actually have any sensitivity as a keyboard commander, I might try Keyboard Cobra but pressing CTRL seems ineffectual and while I have a version of Oolite that allegedly means I can use TAF it doesn't work even when I use shift+F ::sigh:: or go back to 1.76.1 so I can track and flow in my movement rather than jerk in big square steps across the screen which is what is happening on my nonTAFed keyboard operation... experimenting with a mouse...
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

This idea has already been done http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/RegistrationID but I love it regardless.