Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

2,yes,2 questions about Oolite

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

GoreLeech
Dangerous
Dangerous

2,yes,2 questions about Oolite

Post by GoreLeech »

My first question is:I have Oolite 1.62 for my Mac. Everytime i try to boot it up,It sits there for a while,then just quits.Help???
Second question:I have a new ship that i have spent a lot of time on,but i dont kno how to get the price down to where i can actually buy it in game.Help??????? :? :( :?:
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

1. Send a bug report to [email protected]

In it you should include details about your Mac, and after trying to launch Oolite, the last few lines of console.log (from the Console.app application).

It also helps to give the location at which Oolite is installed (in Applications or somewhere else).

There's more on testing and reporting bugs here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=12

2. I'm not sure how you've managed this without having the game running. :shock: but tell me more about the ship (is it from an OXP? or a ship included in the game? or something you made yourself?) and I might be more able to see what's going on.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

aegidian wrote:
I'm not sure how you've managed this without having the game running. .
probably on an earlier version?

GoreLeech, hi,

have you installed the game? IIRC, it can not run from its disk-image, you have to drag the Oolite folder to your 'programs' folder... Sometimes people forget that, some programs do run from diskimages...
GoreLeech
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GoreLeech »

My compy is an original eMac,no changes to it.I hve version 1.62 installed directly,not on disk image,and it runs pretty good. My problem is i created my little ship,and when i drag it into the DropMesh2DatTex thingy,it just bounces a little in the bar,comes up,the computer whirs a little and then it goes away. i dont get it, although i havent given the ship and graphics to any of the sides,but i dont kno how to. can u help??? :?
jonnycuba
Deadly
Deadly

Post by jonnycuba »

Aha! you've added an OXP & it's bugging out Oolite right?
Team Zorg are Go!
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

No, he's apparently designed a ship, then converted the model in oolite .dat and it simply doesn't work, that's 'cause you have to include the ship model, textures and .plists into an oxp. i guess
Target lost
GoreLeech
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GoreLeech »

no,first off im using Meshwork. secondly i think it may be because i havent added textures to any of the sides,(i.e no cockpit graphics,just lines) also,when i drop it in,it really doesnt do anything. Im confused it should generate an OXP that is workable,but it doesnt do anything.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

As far as I know, you need to put the textures plus the mesh-files in a folder together, then run the program.

But that's just hear-say:
I export to .obj/.mtl then send the whole package to a friendly mac-user for conversion to .dat.

I don't think a mesh-file contains any AUV-texturemapping data... so Oolite should apply a default texture I'd guess.

I'm assuming you did create a shipdata.plist to include the ship in-game ?(filename needs to be EXACTLY the same).
You checked filenames and worked according to the tuts, if the model still won't work, I'd say your mesh is buggered.

Give wings3D a try. :wink:
Riding the Rocket!