[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.0

Post by spara »

Tichy wrote:
I noticed that the buoys and PAGroove stations appeared on the scanner as ships, instead of stations and buoys. I added the correct scanClass to the stations, where I found it missing.
Here the shipdata.plist, if you want to check (I tested only for a Coriolis Greenline Variant).
https://www.box.com/s/2bemmkwmwtzf6mmyitnq
However, I wasn't able to fix the buoys.

Also, some textures weren't properly loaded. Same problem as here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=202391#p202391
Here the fixed textures (Tested) :)
https://www.box.com/s/kk01kj9scb4nl1pr2bv5

Personally, I would slow down the rotation of the stations. But it's a matter of taste. :)
Cheers for spotting and fixing :D. It was a ton of copy/paste and fixing to make it work so there must be a bunch of errors left :(. A new version is coming with fixes ans enhancements, when I get it ready.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

spara wrote:
Switeck wrote:
I have this and System_Redux.oxp installed, but I'm not seeing any other stations.
Do I need other OXPs as well?
No, you don't need any other oxps. If there are extra planets (not moons) in system, each one should have a station. And those stations should have beacons in ASC. In my set-up with System_Redux, Lave has two extra planets that have stations. Is there anything in the log?
I got it working, or rather it was working and I just got unlucky and was in a system which lacked secondary planets/moons. :P
LongRangeScanner wasn't showing any secondary stations, so I assumed something was busted. :P
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

spara wrote:
Tichy wrote:
I noticed that the buoys and PAGroove stations appeared on the scanner as ships, instead of stations and buoys. I added the correct scanClass to the stations, where I found it missing.
Here the shipdata.plist, if you want to check (I tested only for a Coriolis Greenline Variant).
https://www.box.com/s/2bemmkwmwtzf6mmyitnq
However, I wasn't able to fix the buoys.
Cheers for spotting and fixing :D. It was a ton of copy/paste and fixing to make it work so there must be a bunch of errors left :(. A new version is coming with fixes ans enhancements, when I get it ready.
Better test this shipdata futher... I just found a Coriolis L Variant, with the correct scanClass that still appears as a yellow mark on the scanner :?

EDIT: No... Wait. I just docked and launched from that same station, it now appears as a green mark. There's something strange, or am I allucintaing? :shock: Place is Isxees in G2.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.1

Post by spara »

New version (1.1) is up. Thanks for all comments and kind words. Special thanks to Tichy for converting textures.

Sfep changes:

* Bug fixes.
* Naming of stations is somewhat unified.
* Station definitions are unified to one template. All station now rotate slower, have shipyard, have correct scanClass and have patrol_ships in addition to standard station properties. These can easily be changed through the template if needed.
* Distribution of stations is reworked to somewhat follow the quide lines of the game.
* Buoys scanClass corrected.
* Added New Cargoes markets to stations, if oxp is found.

Optional addon oxp: Sfep Market Inquirer

* This oxp adds a primable equipment that shows the markets of the main station and up to 5 sfep stations in one screen for comparison. The idea is that if the main station can be found from the f8, then the other planetary stations should have the same opportunity. When I add this oxp to the wiki, I just might write some handwavium. We shall see, I'm not really good writing such stuff.

I probably forgot to mention something, but that's about it. Enjoy.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

It is very nice to see the Torus Station again after all this time :D
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Duggan wrote:
It was [EliteWiki] never really gone. :wink:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Commander McLane wrote:
Duggan wrote:
It is very nice to see the Torus Station again after all this time
It was [EliteWiki] never really gone.
Indeed... an Obnoxicorp or Space Rickshaw Torus station is always a welcome sight after a long patrol.
Last edited by Cody on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Thank you! Much much better now!! :)

Btw... done anyone knows why the autopilot, sometimes, acts strangely? Like overly correcting the path od turning your ship while it's alredy in the dock port (damagaing it badly O_O).

I noticed that this doesn't happen while docking at the main station, but it happens frequently with other stations, like these. It happened also with the stations that were in some extra planets of the assassins guild oxp.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Commander McLane wrote:
Duggan wrote:
It was [EliteWiki] never really gone. :wink:
It is because my main stations are Griffs that I have not encountered the Torus for quiet a while , but you probably guessed that :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

spara wrote:

* This oxp adds a primable equipment that shows the markets of the main station and up to 5 sfep stations in one screen for comparison. The idea is that if the main station can be found from the f8, then the other planetary stations should have the same opportunity. When I add this oxp to the wiki, I just might write some handwavium. We shall see, I'm not really good writing such stuff.
OT: I just has an idea... :) A similar OXP, but that lists all the beacons with the distance from you (or from the witchpoint buoy). I think that could be useful to plan your in-system travels.

(Obviously, I'm not able to do it... :oops: )
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Tichy wrote:
spara wrote:

OT: I just has an idea... :) A similar OXP, but that lists all the beacons with the distance from you (or from the witchpoint buoy). I think that could be useful to plan your in-system travels.
I thought that too, but decided to stick with the stations I have added. This tool lists markets of up to five random stations in-system that have "sfep_station" in their roles. Add that role to the stations you want to include and it should work. Filtering the closest ones requires a couple of lines around line 22. If you're interested, you can find an example of filtering from sfep main script (lines 42-43). Dark side is beckoning you :D.
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

spara wrote:
I thought that too, but decided to stick with the stations I have added. This tool lists markets of up to five random stations in-system that have "sfep_station" in their roles. Add that role to the stations you want to include and it should work. Filtering the closest ones requires a couple of lines around line 22. If you're interested, you can find an example of filtering from sfep main script (lines 42-43). Dark side is beckoning you :D.
I'll restist! I'm a player, Jim, not some kind of voodoo coder! :lol:
(Maybe I'll try... some day ;) )
Cody

Post by Cody »

Tichy wrote:
I'll restist! I'm a player, Jim, not some kind of voodoo coder!
The clever player can make occasional low-level raids on the dark side, steal cookies and code, and return still sane.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thanks to Tichy, I just could not leave the idea of a more generic market inquirer alone :D. So here is a test version to try out. It lists the markets of the main station and up to 5 markets of stationary non-rock stations that have at least food for sale closest to the players ship. It feels very handy in game :mrgreen:.

In my imagination, this is a free service approved by GalCop as the main station already advertises it's commodities through f8 screen. This is the handwavium for FTZ, Salvage Gang and other shady (rock) places not to show up.

Ideas, suggestions and feedback are very welcome. I'll at least add access to it while docked and truncating of station names needs little tweaking. Also the background is very very basic. There could be a call for an artist here, if some ones interested.

Remove "Sfep Market Inquirer OXP ver 1.0" if you try this one, they are not compatible.

Download test version of Market Inquirer OXP: https://www.box.com/s/jc7s20yhcorctikt5q0m
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Wow! That's nice. I'll try it now. Just the time to dock and save. :)
I feel a little bit guilty :D Also because my idea was different: a screen where you can see, at a glance, the distances from you of the various stations (without rock hermits, maybe). Just like your enhanced advanced compass, but with all destinations in a single screen. :)