some stupid questions

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dragdasan
Average
Average

some stupid questions

Post by dragdasan »

Do the Rock Hermits and the Behemot apear randomly in each system ?

If not, where can i find for sure a Behemot or a Rock Hermit ?

If yes, what are the chances for me to encounter one of those ?

If yes, wouldn't be better if some sistems would have scripted these and not to apear randomly ?
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Re: some stupid questions

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

dragdasan wrote:
Do the Rock Hermits and the Behemot apear randomly in each system ?

If not, where can i find for sure a Behemot or a Rock Hermit ?

If yes, what are the chances for me to encounter one of those ?

If yes, wouldn't be better if some sistems would have scripted these and not to apear randomly ?
Yes, the Rock Hermits and Behemoths do appear randomly in each system. Behemoths have a 3% chance of appearing in normal space. I don't know the probability for Hermits. If you have the Pirate Coves oxp installed there is a 12% chance of a pirate-infested Rock Hermit in each system (if I'm reading the script.plist correctly).

There is a 50% chance of encountering a Behemoth in witchspace.

Whether or not there should be systems that always have Behemoths and/or Rock Hermits, I don't know. This could easliy be done via an oxp, but what would be the rationale?
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

Also note that the Behemoth is an OXP ship so you'll only get it if you add the appropriate OXP.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

winston wrote:
Also note that the Behemoth is an OXP ship so you'll only get it if you add the appropriate OXP.
Good point.
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Personally I don't think that Behemoths should be scripted. If we go down that route then we would need to start scripting specific Thargoid battlezones as well.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you have Thargoid Carrier installed, then there is a scripted battle in witch-space, as you get a random number of carriers, navy ships and thargoid warships. A 3% chance of meeting one in normal space seems fair enough. The guys have to get som R&R at some point!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.