Snoopers 2.4 Problem

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

smudge
Average
Average

Snoopers 2.4 Problem

Post by smudge »

I have installed Snoopers 2.4 into my Windows7 setup. On the first installation using the F4 key while docked at Lave station the response was nil, repeated use of F4 produced no indication that Snoopers 2.4 was installed.

I deleted that OXP from my Addons file. I downloaded Snoopers 2.4 from the mirror site and installed the OXP in my Addons file. Same result.

Can anyone please offer help and guidance on how I can persuade Snoopers to work correctly?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Snoopers 2.4 Problem

Post by Cody »

Snoopers bulletins only occur randomly (I think). At some stage, you'll get an in-flight message to check F4 when you dock.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

It doesn't always add an entry to F4, only when news is received. If you fly around going about your normal business, eventually you'll get a notice appearing about new news when you're coming in to dock. (I forget exactly how often. Every 10-20 jumps, perhaps?)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

If you have OXPConfig installed, you can adjust the frequency with which Snoopers bulletins occur.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
smudge
Average
Average

Post by smudge »

Many thanks for your help. I am still learning how to operate Oolite.