JI Company

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

psuamier
Above Average
Above Average

JI Company

Post by psuamier »

As a bow to another famous space game I'd like to add a new comany:
Wiki wrote:
About Joist Industries

Joist Industries is the largest business conglomerate in the Galactic Co-operation of Worlds (GalCop) and an integral part of modern civilization. They are the leading company for Naval research.

Joist is well known mainly due to producing autonomously working robots and military combat droids. They also produce communication equipment and several military equipment, partially classified and computer equipment.

They have built small air vessels for one or two person being used on planet as well as in close-to-planet military operation for special forces. They also are leading in the hyperspace research and had a substantial influence in the build of the known hyperdrives (though the research on the topic nowadays is very low as other research topics have priority).

Joist was not involved in ship research and development since the beginning days of space travel until the detection of a Tiger MK1 ship by the GalCop Navy.
This is a company I want to use for a ship that I want to use. As you requested I changed the name from Vector to Joist Industries (similar meaning like Vector).

The idea is to have a founding company of space travel. It doesn't necessarily needs to be as big as described here but should have a substantial influence as described.

What do you think ?

Regards
Last edited by psuamier on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CMDR: suamor - Space Trader and Explorer - Founding member of the Elite
Elite Dangerous Beta Tester
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: VI Company

Post by Svengali »

I guess it may lead to confusion. See Vector OXP and [wiki]Vector_OXP[/wiki]. This OXP ships references to a small shipbuilding company 'Vector Inc.', so I'd say Joist Industries is the way to go.-)

On the other side - it's a big ooniverse .-)
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Svengali wrote:
I guess it may lead to confusion. See Vector OXP and [wiki]Vector_OXP[/wiki]. This OXP ships references to a small shipbuilding company 'Vector Inc.', so I'd say Joist Industries is the way to go.-)

Agreed I personally thought there was already a Vector Industries, but I may have been confusing it with the Vector OXP. Perhaps calling it Joist Industries would be a better idea as so not to confuse backward hicks like me! :lol:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
psuamier
Above Average
Above Average

Post by psuamier »

Svengali wrote:

Smaller than you think..

Now guess who was the name father of the ship...
and who does actually own UniversalLaw & sons :mrgreen:
psuamier
Above Average
Above Average

Re: JI Company

Post by psuamier »

I have changed the name of the company and added a link to the wiki (see headline). Be free to use the company for both the original game as well as for your own oxp creations (though I'd prefer that the ship business should be kept low).

Thanks for your feedback!