[Solved]Missing CCL details and the save-game file.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Solved]Missing CCL details and the save-game file.

Post by CommRLock78 »

I had an issue with planet overrides in my save-game file making Distant Suns.OXP behave poorly. I went ahead a removed all the overrides from the file and Distant Suns works great (Thanks again Wildeblood :D), however the episode has raised some questions.

1) Are the overrides a part of an OXP? (from what I can tell they are, and I'm guessing the Feudal States may have something to do with it).

2) I assume that the special descriptions given by Feudal States will return upon visiting the system - is this correct?
I figure this shouldn't be an issue, since DH Systems was causing the overrides.

3) Is it safe to remove the overrides from the save file?
I assume this is safe, since nothing appears to be different about my game (same Elite ranking, missions, etc).

4) Now to CCL. I had a hunch from the very beginning that the save file was the culprit with the Distant Sun issue, as I noticed my secondary game has all the computer talking while jumping ("Hyperspace countdown commenced, link established, transfer update complete", and then the countdown), while my game file (which saw a CCL upgrade) only does the count down - and that's it. Any idea as to what in the file may be causing this missing sequence of words?

Edit: I have to now remove the local overrides in order for Distant Suns to work correctly :(

Edit 2: Thank you Svengali, Cmd. Cheyd and Wildeblood for helping to solve these oddities :D.
Last edited by CommRLock78 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Missing CCL details and the save-game file.

Post by CommRLock78 »

I think I found what was causing the overrides, and it was an OXP that I thought I had removed a long time ago: Deep Horizon-Systems. It looks as though now the overrides section isn't recreating itself at every save. So, I think question #1 is answered.
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

At the time DH-Systems was written, any details such as those for the sun were written to the save-game and there was not a way for me to have it erase them.

If I ever go back and finish DH-Systems 2, I will leverage the changes in trunk that would allow me to make the changes without necessarily polluting the save-game.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Thanks for the reply Cmd. Cheyd. I wound up searching my computer for planetinfo.plist files, and I saw DH Systems was still there, and I figured that had to be the culprit. I still use DH Gas Giant Skimming ;).
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Please use OXPConfig to check the settings in BGS.

As additional fun you can dump the states of properties and missionVariables via OXPConfig. I've added this feature, because more and more OXPs are silently clashing and it is sometimes hard to guess what happened. You can find both options in the 'Specials' section in OXPConfig. Both will write to Latest.log. Post or send the logfile via pm.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Svengali wrote:
Please use OXPConfig to check the settings in BGS.

As additional fun you can dump the states of properties and missionVariables via OXPConfig. I've added this feature, because more and more OXPs are silently clashing and it is sometimes hard to guess what happened. You can find both options in the 'Specials' section in OXPConfig. Both will write to Latest.log. Post or send the logfile via pm.
Ambient sounds are turned on, as well as the other features, so I'm not sure why there is the missing voice on jumping.

Went to 'Specials' and had OXPConfig write to Latest.log:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95921622/Latest.log
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

00:01:03.235 [OXPConfig]: feudal_planetinfo : SET01234567
If you delete that one, Feudal States should re-generate its planet descriptions. But if it doesn't work, put it back and don't blame me. :mrgreen:
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Wildeblood wrote:
00:01:03.235 [OXPConfig]: feudal_planetinfo : SET01234567
If you delete that one, Feudal States should re-generate its planet descriptions. But if it doesn't work, put it back and don't blame me. :mrgreen:
That seemed to do the trick, all info about Feudal states is back in the descriptions - thanks Wildeblood, now if I could get those sounds working from BGS :mrgreen:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

CommRLock78 wrote:
I can't reproduce it with BGS-A1.5 and CCL1.6 in Oolite v1.76.1.

Please dump the BGS (BGS-M) worldScript properties via OXPConfig.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Svengali wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
I can't reproduce it with BGS-A1.5 and CCL1.6 in Oolite v1.76.1.

Please dump the BGS (BGS-M) worldScript properties via OXPConfig.
Okey doke, I had OXPConfig dump BGS worldScript properties (note that I also dumbed Anarchies into there on accident :))

Now, I could be wrong, but I have a nagging hunch that there is something in the save-gave file that might be causing this, since I have another save game that plays the jump sequence audio just fine. Here's the save with the missing sounds:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95921622/RB%20Lock.oolite-save
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

CommRLock78 wrote:
Now, I could be wrong, but I have a nagging hunch that there is something in the save-gave file that might be causing this, since I have another save game that plays the jump sequence audio just fine. Here's the save with the missing sounds:
All is well. The Caduceus uses a shorter jumpsequence (hyperspace_motor_spin_time = 10;). BGS checks it and adjusts its own behaviour to do only the countdown+FX without the "Hyperspace countdown commenced, link established, transfer update complete" part.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Svengali wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
All is well. The Caduceus uses a shorter jumpsequence (hyperspace_motor_spin_time = 10;). BGS checks it and adjusts its own behaviour to do only the countdown+FX without the "Hyperspace countdown commenced, link established, transfer update complete" part.
:shock: Ahhh... interesting.... I should change that jumpsequence. Thank you for the help Svengali, that had me rather confused - I guess this puppy is solved :). This has been a learning experience in what does what ;).