Help with Barrakuda pirates oxp mission

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Help with Barrakuda pirates oxp mission

Post by Lestradae »

Hi,

I am on a mission that tells me to go to a system and get Barrakuda pirates there plus their base.

Not able to find one of them, tried compass, just flying around, even the Long Range Scanner with a look on all in-system entities, tried to jump to another system and come back in case that made a difference - nothing.

Playing trunk newest nightly build though. No idea if that plays havok with some mission variables - also noted random Hits had some "string" references instead of names and credit sums in trunk ...

Would appreciate if someone can help me,

L
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Help with Barrakuda pirates oxp mission

Post by Thargoid »

If you mean the Barracuda - well they don't like hanging around near the main station, so they'll need to head elsewhere to get their fuel and such when they arrive back in-system.

Given the name of the OXP, things may not be so easy to find, but the base is surrounded by similar looking objects...

And if things are really going wrong, check your save game for the status of the MV steath_mission
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Help with Barrakuda pirates oxp mission

Post by Lestradae »

OK, thanks for the tips, now I have an idea what to look for ... the alternative fuel source route :!: