[WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Post Reply
User avatar
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by ffutures »

Small problem - I had a lot of money to burn and thought the Heart of Gold looked interesting, so bought it and realised as I was equipping it that the cat hadn't gone with me. That doesn't feel right somehow, surely it should be a permanent attachment like the cloaking device?
User avatar
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by mossfoot »

ffutures wrote:
Small problem - I had a lot of money to burn and thought the Heart of Gold looked interesting, so bought it and realised as I was equipping it that the cat hadn't gone with me. That doesn't feel right somehow, surely it should be a permanent attachment like the cloaking device?
If I recall correctly, some cats stay with one ship and not transfer over, while others (most?) will.
--
Image
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)
Rank: Competent - Status: Clean

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
User avatar
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Lost in space
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Smivs »

ffutures wrote:
Small problem - I had a lot of money to burn and thought the Heart of Gold looked interesting, so bought it and realised as I was equipping it that the cat hadn't gone with me. That doesn't feel right somehow, surely it should be a permanent attachment like the cloaking device?
It needs

Code: Select all

   "portable_between_ships" = yes;
in the equipment.plist.
If you have a save from before your ship change, 'fix' the OXP and then you can take kitty onto the Heart of Gold :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
User avatar
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Posts: 16052
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm
Location: The Lizard's Claw
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Cody »

Smivs wrote:
It needs

Code: Select all

   "portable_between_ships" = yes;
in the equipment.plist.
It has...

Code: Select all

<key>is_portable_between_ships</key>
<true/>
... is that correct? Something about that strikes me as wrong... but the OXP needs updating anyway.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
User avatar
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Lost in space
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Smivs »

Cody wrote:
Smivs wrote:
It needs

Code: Select all

   "portable_between_ships" = yes;
in the equipment.plist.
It has...

Code: Select all

<key>is_portable_between_ships</key>
<true/>
... is that correct? Something about that strikes me as wrong... but the OXP needs updating anyway.
It might be - I'm not sure about the 'is_' before portable etc but that could have been correct in XML. One of the boffins will know for sure.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
User avatar
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:26 am
Location: Sweden

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Venator Dha »

Definitely not a boffin :lol:

but when I changed it to

Code: Select all

<key>portable_between_ships</key>
			<true/>
the cat swaps ship.

You need to do it for each 'cat'
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
User avatar
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by ffutures »

OK - as it turns out I've reverted to an older save and am going to stick with my old ship anyway; the Heart of Gold is OK but it doesn't feel as much fun as a Boa Cruiser somehow.
User avatar
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Aboard the Pitviper S.E. "Blackwidow"

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Diziet Sma »

Bugfixed OXZ version 1.0.1 now online. Download it via the Expansion Manager or the oolite.org expansion packs page.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
User avatar
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by mossfoot »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Bugfixed OXZ version 1.0.1 now online. Download it via the Expansion Manager or the oolite.org expansion packs page.
Too late for me to save my cat (but don't worry, I'm sure I'll find him again ;) ). Fleabag is not so easily lost.
--
Image
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)
Rank: Competent - Status: Clean

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
User avatar
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2120
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by ffutures »

Thanks, I'll update.

Reminds me - is there any easy way to see if installed OXPs are up to date without comparing the numbers one at a time?

later - and of course they show up in a different colour.

Only one snag - the revised one doesn't want to install for some reason, not sure why, just hangs.
User avatar
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Aboard the Pitviper S.E. "Blackwidow"

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Diziet Sma »

ffutures wrote:
Only one snag - the revised one doesn't want to install for some reason, not sure why, just hangs.
Strange as it seems, I've only just now upgraded my own version, and it installed fine. I did, however, notice that the master list update was kinda glitchy, and took a while to get going. Perhaps it was due to some hiccough on the wiki server side of things? Give it another shot and let me know how you get on.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
User avatar
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by mossfoot »

Diziet Sma wrote:
ffutures wrote:
Only one snag - the revised one doesn't want to install for some reason, not sure why, just hangs.
Strange as it seems, I've only just now upgraded my own version, and it installed fine. I did, however, notice that the master list update was kinda glitchy, and took a while to get going. Perhaps it was due to some hiccough on the wiki server side of things? Give it another shot and let me know how you get on.

I had trouble doing anything from the list yesterday, but worked out later
--
Image
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)
Rank: Competent - Status: Clean

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am
Location: Aboard the D.T.T Snake Charmer: My Xanadu
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Paradox »

Would it be possible, to add a random meow sound once in a while, if you have a cat on board?
User avatar
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Aboard the Pitviper S.E. "Blackwidow"

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by Diziet Sma »

That ought to be pretty straightforward.. I'll get a bunch of suitable sounds and have a play with it.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
User avatar
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [WiP]Ship's Cat OXP

Post by mossfoot »

Perhaps rather than "Off" and "On" the settings could be "keep in hold" and "free roam". Free roam being "on" where you hear the cat meow as it goes by, and "keep in hold" gives you some privacy. ;)
--
Image
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)
Rank: Competent - Status: Clean

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
Post Reply