Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Distant Suns of Charts 1-8 OXPs

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Distant Suns of Charts 1-8 OXPs

Post by CommRLock78 »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
Anyone that has his most recent OXPs, if you'd like to share them someplace, feel free. If you are worried about licensing, I can forward you a PM from him stating that "[you] can do anything [you] want with it." His made some cool OXPs, shame for the community to be deprived of them.

If you have no way of hosting it, or need space, I can make some available on DHI.com.
I have Destination ETA and Distant Suns (1-8) (some of the coolest equipment/ambiance OXPs ever).
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
Gaspare
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Gaspare »

Sorry for the dumb question, is it sufficient to move the "Distant Suns 0.5.1.oxp" folder into my add-ons folder, or do i have to put each subfolder "Distant Suns of Chart 1 version 0.7.oxp", chart 2, chart 3 etc. into my add-ons folder?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Gaspare wrote:
Is it sufficient to move the "Distant Suns 0.5.1.oxp" folder into my add-ons folder...
Yes.
Gaspare wrote:
...or do i have to put each subfolder "Distant Suns of Chart 1 version 0.7.oxp", chart 2, chart 3 etc. into my add-ons folder?
Only if you find it more convenient. It should work as well either way.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Wow this OXP is wonderful in combination with the new suns in 1.79. Tested it on PC and went on sun skimming in an M-class star. Skimming sure is a beautiful experience in 1.79. Now next on the wish list is suns dat do different things to your ship when skimming. And flares and plasma loops. 8) No just kidding (although it would be great). I'm quite content now!
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

This is an excellent OXP!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

TO-DO:
Wildeblood wrote:
There is a known issue with the Naval Hyperdrive Programmer: a galactic jump to Quzaarar (SecCom 2) on Chart 4 actually arrives at Riusbequ. (Those two planets are so close to each other they have the same galactic co-ordinates.)
phkb wrote:
Minor bug report, for a very rare edge case: In G5, if you're in either Divees or Tezabi, and your target system is the other system (Divees or Tezabi), the Hyperdrive status will always say "No target system set".

I think both these systems have the same co-ordinates which is probably causing the confusion. Actually, it is rather confusing to have two systems with the same co-ordinates. Is there some hand-wavium that explains this?
Wildeblood wrote:
It's no mystery - the two planets orbit the same star. There are a few other such pairs.