Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[RELEASE] HoloConHUDv1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HoloConHUDv1.0

Post by Diziet Sma »

Hmm.. it looks like Rese249er never supplied a download link for the HoloConHUD. Although there is one for the HoloNumHUD.
Rese249er wrote:
After a while filing paperwork for new 249th members, the R&D team has gone back to the tech shop, this time creating the Holographic/Numeric HUD.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Thank you, didn´t see the link beside all the pictures...... :D I´ll try it out as soon as I can spare a little time......

Well than let´s hope, that he offers a link for the other hud too.

Greez Sarr
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

this could be a nice hud, but i´ve got a problem with it. it puts some kind of layer over the screen to brighten up the background. good idea but at my screen the layer ends rigth in the middle of the numbers, which is highly irritating...... :( anybody got a clue if and how this problem could be resolved? i think that it must have something to do with the resolution of my screen.....i would love to use the hud, but not if it irritates me and spoils my impressions :wink:

Greez SARR
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

So ummm.. what's your screen resolution?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Diziet Sma wrote:
So ummm.. what's your screen resolution?
1920*1080.....nothing extraordinary
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

SARR wrote:
this could be a nice hud, but i´ve got a problem with it. it puts some kind of layer over the screen to brighten up the background. good idea but at my screen the layer ends rigth in the middle of the numbers, which is highly irritating...... :( anybody got a clue if and how this problem could be resolved? i think that it must have something to do with the resolution of my screen.....i would love to use the hud, but not if it irritates me and spoils my impressions :wink:

Greez SARR
There is a way, (if I understand your question correctly) and it is quite simple. Open the folder for the HUD OXP, and open the folder labeled "Images". Depending on whether you want the lightened background or not you can either delete the file "whiteRectangle.png" (or add some other character after the png, which is what I would recommend) or open it in an image editor and resize it to your screen size.

I hope this helps!