Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

AI Trading Assistant

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: AI Trading Assistant OXP ver 1.9

Post by Switeck »

When I use this OXP, the in-fight messages (such as bounty awards, cargo scooped, etc) all appear on TOP of my HUD (the panels at the bottom of the screen) and it's almost unreadable. This happens with both v1.6 and v1.9.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Switeck wrote:
When I use this OXP, the in-fight messages (such as bounty awards, cargo scooped, etc) all appear on TOP of my HUD (the panels at the bottom of the screen) and it's almost unreadable. This happens with both v1.6 and v1.9.
Another one! Your HUD is missing a message GUI definition. (Oolite default?) Either add one to it, or delete the one from Trading Assistant. To do that:-

- Open the folder AddOns/AI Trading Assistant 1.9.oxp/Config/
- Inside you should find 39 files, ignore 37 of them. Open the file trading-assistant-hud.plist in a reputable text-editor.
- It should begin like this:-

Code: Select all

{
	message_gui =
		{
			height	= 112;
			row_height = 16;
			width		= 188;
			x		= -147;
			y		= 63;
			y_origin	= -1;
		};
	crosshairs = { OTHER = (); };
delete all of the message_gui definition, so it now begins like this:-

{
	crosshairs = { OTHER = (); };
- Save the altered file.
- Open the file trading-assistant-galcop-hud.plist in a reputable text-editor, and repeat the procedure.

Alternatively, add a message_gui definition to your badly written flight HUD. See the first page of this thread for more about how to do that for one popular HUD.

Please direct queries about poorly-written HUD OXPs to their respective authors.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Wildeblood wrote:
Alternatively, add a message_gui definition to your badly written flight HUD. See the first page of this thread for more about how to do that for one popular HUD.

Please direct queries about poorly-written HUD OXPs to their respective authors.
I'm using the default huds in Oolite.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Switeck wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Alternatively, add a message_gui definition to your badly written flight HUD...

I'm using the default huds in Oolite.
I thought so. It's one of the badly written ones, that's missing a message_gui. (Also, the clock is off centre.)
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

The message_gui definition has been left out from the defaul HUD on purpose - the purpose being: to allow for OXPs to temporarily override the default message_gui position, without needing to repeat the whole hud definition.

I'd fix AI Trading Assistant OXP as follows:

add a trading-assistant-resetgui-hud.plist containing just the following:

{
	message_gui = {};
}
and before switching back to the original flight hud (line 329, I believe), add the following line:

player.ship.hud='trading-assistant-resetgui-hud.plist';

That should make AI trading assistant behave in a friendlier manner towards all HUDs! ;)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

I notice this OXP visually conflicts with the Market aide OXP on the F8 screen, would it be possible to tweak this to compliment rather than conflict?
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Cpt wrote:
I notice this OXP visually conflicts with the Market aide OXP on the F8 screen, would it be possible to tweak this to compliment rather than conflict?
Version 1.5: https://www.box.com/s/8ou2mblzuh2pvxjznctx
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

Thank you 'Wild' E-blood, after I dock... I will have a shifty at it *grin*
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Kaks wrote:
...line 329, I believe...
If anyone wants to follow Kaks' instructions, the correct spot is the blank line 322. Hmm, I wonder why that empty line is there?
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Wildeblood wrote:
Cpt wrote:
Is this newer or older than v1.9?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Switeck wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Cpt wrote:
Is this newer or older than v1.9?
Older. The last version before the hud files began their rabbit-like proliferation.
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Is it safe to assume this is no longer available? Latest version and older versions seem to be no longer available from box.com.

Probably entered a regression loop and disappeared up their own hud.
Semper Dissimilis
Styggron
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Styggron »

Sorry I have an extra dumb question here.

The column that is added by this OXP, this looks like the average price that item goes for.
How come there is not a column that shows how much we actually paid for the item ? This can then be shown in RED if it is a loss or GREEN if it is a profit. The item might still be at a good average but we could still accidently sell it at a loss.

When I was first looking at this I found it odd that it shows the average prices in a new column but did not show it what I bought it for.

eg: if I bought computers for 63.9 and the system I am in has it for 61.9 then computers should list in RED for example.
This is now quite how this OXP works so I am missing something. I read the readme but I still think I am missing something.

With this OXP I find I get a warning AFTER I sell ie I sold it too late but the middle list showing average prices does not compare it to what I boguht it form so showing the average prices does help but it really needs to show how much we ACTUALLY spent and even a simple colour code would help :-)

Thoughts ?
Elite: C64 (Tape & Disk), Amiga, Atari ST, NES, Amstrad, BBC Micro
Elite II: Amiga, CD32, Atari ST, PC
Elite III: PC (CD & Disc), French CD (Still sealed)
Oolite 1.77, Frontier GL, FFE D3D, Pioneer (August 2014 Build)
Playing Elite since 1985.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Styggron wrote:
Thoughts ?
Yes, compare Spara's latest iteration of Troomp OXP this morning, which shows a cost column strangely labelled "value".

One difficulty with making something like you describe is that the station's market prices are not available to scripts. So you can, with a lot of messing about, record the price the player pays for cargo, but you can't compare that to the price on offer by the station. You can only compare the price paid to some fixed value, of which the only sensible one to use is the average price at GalCop stations.
Styggron
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Styggron »

Thanks for the reply.
This explains why no one has done this before though else it would have been one of the first things to happen.

However if as you said you can store the price paid by the player then you can have an extra column that said "price paid" without the automation of having anything in red or green text for don't sell or sell. This way the player can see what they paid for and compare it to the column the space station shows manually....... this would be extremely useful and the next best thing. :-)

yes ?
Elite: C64 (Tape & Disk), Amiga, Atari ST, NES, Amstrad, BBC Micro
Elite II: Amiga, CD32, Atari ST, PC
Elite III: PC (CD & Disc), French CD (Still sealed)
Oolite 1.77, Frontier GL, FFE D3D, Pioneer (August 2014 Build)
Playing Elite since 1985.