[script.load.badName]

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[script.load.badName]

Post by ZygoUgo »

Currently stumped. I've duplicated Griffs explosion script in order to make variations for different sizes, the original loads perfectly every time, yet when duplicated and renamed, even with exactly the same parameters Oolite refuses to use it. I'm getting..

[script.load.badName]: ***** Don't know how to load a script from "griff_spawn_medium.js".
[script.load.badName]: ***** Don't know how to load a script from "griff_spawn_massive.js".

I'm pretty sure that I've avoided all craft with scripts already attached, I haven't attached it to any sub-entities, I've renamed the scripts both inside and out, and there seems to be absolutely no reference requirements for the name to stay the same.
I'm using Notepad++ so there shouldn't be any invisible additions.
Due to like_ship references it may be overwriting the original in some cases, but I still don't see what the error is.

Baffled.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: [script.load.badName]

Post by JensAyton »

That error should only occur if a script file’s name doesn’t end with .js (or .es, or .plist, which you don’t want). My best guess is that there’s some stray character, possibly something as simple as an extra space.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Here's what I have, I'm pondering wether something invisible is going on peculiar to my system :/

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I meant that there may be a stray space in the plist file referencing the script.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Okay, thanks for your help :) Not sure what was going on there, no mistypes, but I went through *replace in files* and returned all the names to Griffs original, then back through renaming them :?
Works now!