Dr. Nil's Terrapin Trader OXP - qbomb death error

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dr. Nil's Terrapin Trader OXP - qbomb death error

Post by SandJ »

I think Dr. Nil's Terrapin Trader OXP has a small problem.

I am getting instances of this message in my Latest.log:
22:28:13.180 [script.debug.syntax.addShips]: ***** Could not spawn: "qbomb 1 (0.1)" (must be two tokens, role and number)
Within the file [size=120]terrapin.oxp\Config\shipdata.plist[/size] are these lines:

Code: Select all

<key>death_actions</key>
  <array>
     <string>spawn: qbomb 1 (0.1)</string>
  </array>
Personally, I'm glad it doesn't work!

I assume Dr. Nil is trying to say it should have a 10% chance of launching a Quirium Bomb Mine whenever a Terrapin Trader is destroyed. It can't be done with the above syntax, can it?
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Dr. Nil's Terrapin Trader OXP - qbomb death error

Post by Eric Walch »

Correct, that syntax has always been wrong and probably has always generated that error. But, since Oolite 1.65 there is a shipkey that awards a q-bomb to ships.

That key makes that ships launch the bomb just before death. On death its a bit too late, isnt it?
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Dr. Nil's Terrapin Trader OXP - qbomb death error

Post by SandJ »

Eric Walch wrote:
On death it's a bit too late, isn't it?
I see the idea, though. You'd learn pretty quickly to think twice about attacking anyone in a Terrapin Trader if you knew both you and all its cargo and alloys would disappear in a big blue cloud anyway. A bit like knowing not to pick on the big bloke in the bar with the tight T-shirt, broken nose and "HATE" and "DETH" tattooed on his knuckles.

Although, it would be sad to be the pilot, be attacked, eject and see your ship blow up, and spend your last seconds wondering how far your escape capsule's 0.05 LY speed will take you before the expanding blue cloud comes after you.

Maybe having the Q-Bomb fitted as standard in the factory isn't too clever.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.