inadequate weaponry

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

inadequate weaponry

Post by zarkov »

I have installed several OXPs to make more missiles etc available, but apart from chaff, the added weapons aren't available in whatever system I dock. I have Armoury 1.09, I-Missile, Missiles and Bombs 2.5 and Railgun 1.3 with no conflicting OXPs that I'm aware of. Is it simply that I need a better ship than the Cobra Mk111 or do I need to install other OXPs to enable the purchase of these other weapons :?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: inadequate weaponry

Post by Thargoid »

Armoury should work out of the box (no dependencies in it), although a couple of the weapons are hidden away depending on a few things like legal status.

There are also of course some tech-level limitations, but if you're at the main station of a reasonable tech level planet then at least some should appear. There are three questions to ask here:

1) You do have at least one free pylon available? No missiles/bombs will appear for purchase unless you've got somewhere to install them.

2) Are the OXPs actually installed correctly? Look in your latest.log at the list of OXPs loaded and scripts run (fairly near the top, below the blurb about graphics and shaders) and you should see the list. Similarly are any errors reported further down related to the OXPs?

3) What version of Oolite are you running, and what OS?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I strongly suspect the first possibility. Just to rephrase the obvious: If you want to buy a missile, the first thing you need is a free missile pylon. If you have nowhere to put any missile, you're not offered any.

That's what the Sell all pylon mounted equipment option is for. :wink:
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

Ah ha. Sorted. The patently obvious. Many thanks. I'm now well armed. Is there an OXP for strapping on extra pylons? :D
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

No, that's fixed in the shipdata.plist for your ship.

If you want more pylons, it's either a new ship or a file-hack.
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

Many thanks. I'll start saving for a new ship :D