Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

uninstall an OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

uninstall an OXP

Post by zarkov »

How do I uninstall an unwanted OXP? I've added the Nuit oxp which does add a fine piece of kit but slows down my hyperspace option at the outset, because I have to get clear of it to permit hyperspace. I assumed that simply removing it from the addon folder would do it, but I have done this and the Nuit station is still there.... :)
ulaidian
Competent
Competent

Re: uninstall an OXP

Post by ulaidian »

When you have removed the OXP, restart the game with the Shift key held down, until you see the spinning Cobra. It resets the cache or something I believe.
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

Thanks ... I've done that a couple of times but it's still there ...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Removing an OXP should automatically make the game rebuild the cache the next time it is run, as it will detect it's stale. The only time shift-holding is needed is when you change something within an installed OXP (one of the plists for example).

My suspicion is that there's accidentally a second copy of the OXP installed, possibly as a sub-folder of one of the ones still installed. If you look in the latest.log file (found in the install directory under /oolite.app/logs) you'll find (amongst other things) a list of the currently installed OXPs when the game last ran. From that you should be able to tell if the Nuit OXP is still in there somewhere. The log is just a text file - open it with whatever file editor you favour.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Are you certain it's the Nuit? There are also others that do that - the super hub is larger, and the torii stations have humongous no-jump areas.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

Yes it's definitely the nuit and the mystery deepens in that there's no sign of it in the apps.log. I've rebooted the machine to no avail - I think I'll try a reinstall of Oolite next.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Before you do, can you post the latest.log here (preferrably inside [code][/code] tags) so we can see if there is any other signs in there?
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

I have copied the log file but I don't know how to place it "....inside tags)" - how do I do that?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

When you write your messages, there are buttons just above the bit where you type the text. One of them should say Code. Click that (it should generate a tag saying [ code] - but without the space in it that I've had to add to stop it triggering), then copy & paste the content of the latest.log file after it (copy the text in after the tag) and then click the button again (which should generate a second tag [/ code] - ditto about the space in it).

Basically the text should have one of the code tags before it and the other one (the one with the /) after it. Alternatively if you prefer you can just type the tags in manually.
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

Thanks for that. Hopefully here it is

Code: Select all

20:55:29.500 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.76 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2012-01-18 20:55:29 +0000.
2 processors detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

20:55:30.000 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1024 x 600
20:55:30.343 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
20:55:31.765 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
    ../AddOns/Armoury 1.09.oxp
    ../AddOns/AsteroidStorm 3.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/Basic-debug.oxp
    ../AddOns/behemoth 2.6.oxp
    ../AddOns/Cargo_wrecks_teaser 1.6.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/Dictators v1.4.oxp
    ../AddOns/halsis.oxp
    ../AddOns/RandomHits275.oxp
    ../AddOns/RandomHits275.oxp/RandomHits275.oxp
    ../AddOns/Superhubv1.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/System_Redux.oxp
    ../AddOns/thargoid_wars 4.3.oxp
    ../AddOns/Tori2.01.oxp
    ../AddOns/transhab.oxp
20:55:31.765 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 1.4.0 ("1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4906"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel 945GM".
20:55:31.765 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (49):
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_cull_vertex, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_texture_lod
20:55:31.843 [rendering.opengl.gpuSpecific]: Matched GPU configuration "Intel GMA 900/950 family".
20:55:31.843 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders will not be used (OpenGL extension GL_ARB_shading_language_100 is not available).
20:55:31.859 [speech.synthesis]: Spoken messages are off.
20:55:35.812 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 17 world scripts:
    ams_system 2.02
    armoury_machineScript.js 1.00
    AsteroidStorm 3.46
    behemoth 2.6
    Cargo_Wreck_Teaser 1.6.5
    CT_Script 2.0
    dictators.js 1.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.76
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.76
    oolite-nova 1.76
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.76
    oolite-trumbles 1.76
    PAGroove_superhubPopulator 1.1
    Random_Hits
    Spawn-medusa 1.0.1
    System Redux 1.2 1.2
    thargoid_wars
20:55:43.968 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
20:55:43.968 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
20:55:43.984 [debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.
20:55:44.093 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
20:56:00.781 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 17 world scripts:
    ams_system 2.02
    armoury_machineScript.js 1.00
    AsteroidStorm 3.46
    behemoth 2.6
    Cargo_Wreck_Teaser 1.6.5
    CT_Script 2.0
    dictators.js 1.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.76
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.76
    oolite-nova 1.76
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.76
    oolite-trumbles 1.76
    PAGroove_superhubPopulator 1.1
    Random_Hits
    Spawn-medusa 1.0.1
    System Redux 1.2 1.2
    thargoid_wars
20:56:09.359 [testscript.spawn]: Generated 1 medusa for testing purposes.
20:56:09.359 [script.AsteroidStorm.cleanup]: Asteroid Storm finished, or player in another galaxy. Disabling script.
20:56:09.421 [script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (System Redux 1.2 1.2): TypeError: system.mainPlanet.setTexture is not a function
20:56:09.421 [script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]:       ../AddOns/System_Redux.oxp/Config/script.js, line 108.
20:56:14.531 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2012-01-18 20:56:14 +0000.
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

Post by zarkov »

I've uninstalled Oolite and reinstalled it but Nuit is still there. I'll just have to exercise patience before launching into the unknown. :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

You don't have the Nuit station OXP installed, so you shouldn't see it.

Probably what you're seeing is a [EliteWiki] Transhab station (you have that one installed)?

On an unrelated note: your Randomhits275.oxp contains another Randomhits275.oxp. You should delete the latter.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Firstly (although unrelated) - you've got random hits installed twice (one inside the other).

What I would do is uninstall half of your OXPs (either remove them to a different folder, or just rename the folder from xxxx.oxp to xxxx by removing the extension). If nuit still spawns, remove half of the remaining ones and if it doesn't then re-add half of the removed ones until you find which one is generating the nuit.

I would suspect somehow you've managed to copy the guts of nuit.oxp into the folder of another OXP, so you still have a copy of nuit installed but under another name.

Edit - ninja'd by McLane. As he says, also ensure it's a nuit you're seeing not something else.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

../AddOns/RandomHits275.oxp
../AddOns/RandomHits275.oxp/RandomHits275.oxp
Remove this folder, it's duplicated.

Code: Select all

../AddOns/Superhubv1.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/Tori2.01.oxp
    ../AddOns/transhab.oxp
Three models for huge stations, but no nuit...
Try removing one at a time until you find the culprit - that might do the trick.

EDIT: Argh! Double ninja'd!
Last edited by Cmdr. Maegil on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Also, your System Redux doesn't seem right. Try using the update to v1.2.3 from the System Redux wiki page.

Pics seem to be missing from some wiki pages now... I've noticed it with BGS and now SR.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!