Belo Horizonte flooding

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Belo Horizonte flooding

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Here's the latest vid from this disaster.

http://youtu.be/DSCHkiba05U

sdrubble, are you all right? Hang in there and I wish you better times ahead.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Belo Horizonte flooding

Post by DaddyHoggy »

The wife of my next door neighbour is from the Philippines, they had planned on moving out there - she's not yet heard from her family (although they're not quite from the current worst hit area)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
The wife of my next door neighbour is from the Philippines, they had planned on moving out there - she's not yet heard from her family (although they're not quite from the current worst hit area)
My father-in-law retired to the Philippines; my wife regularly gets the heeby-jeebies because of news about tornadoes, flooding etc. out there. It doesn't help that the power is only on for a few hours a day and the mobile phone connectivity even more erratic.

His reaction is always:

"We live halfway up a mountain so we can't be washed away. We're in a village in the jungle so the militia aren't interested in us. The village has no money so the police leave us alone. And the houses are made of corrugated iron and stuff they find in the jungle - when our house falls down in a storm we put it back up next morning. And anyway the stuff you're asking about happened 600 miles away / on another island. So stop worrying."

I sometimes think we were better off without up-to-date global news.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I like his attitude and seems to sum up all I know about the Philippines from my neighbour.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here