Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

WonderWorm

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] WonderWorm

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Check your fire BraveHeart. You nearly took out Care-a-lot and all the Care Bears with it. :P
If such a fearsomly gay weapon was turned upon Smurfs, or Teletubbies, the Ooniverse would not weep. :lol:
The rainbow apocalypse:

It started with rainbows of mass destruction...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

...which created hordes of mutants...

...and the end of smurfkind...

Papa Smurf wrote:
I don't feel very Smurfy!
I feel your pain. I believe the ooniverse would weep for the destruction of the smurfs. Ban rainbows of mass destruction, for the love of smurf! :P
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I don't know - I go offline for two days and... and... madness I tell you, madness! :roll: :lol:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Commander Wilmot
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Commander Wilmot »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I don't know - I go offline for two days and... and... madness I tell you, madness! :roll: :lol:
The oolite forum:
It's a mad house.
I think it has always been that way, we the inmates just haven't noticed because we have been exposed for two too long.

edit: no one saw the use of the wrong two.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Version 1.1 is now available. There was a problem with the ballturret entry in shipdata that was re-defining all ballturrets which is clearly undesirable. This has now been corrected. Thanks to Svengali for bringing this issue to my attention.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Very good .-) It's just one of these little details which are slipping through from time to time.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Ye hath blow thy bogey engorged nose on everything we hold dear sir. Scrunched it up (still thickly encrusted with your visceral hooter chutney) and discarded it with a cavalier laugh and leer. With brash impropriety of a level that would blush the most savage of heathen, you have sullied and enfilthed the noble game. Evidence of which is apparent by my need to make up words to accommodate and illustrate the sheer length and breadth of this transgression.

I fear banishment and ritual humiliation are the only dutiful recourse, if we are to (in some way) salvage anything worthy from this most flagrant debacle.

You have the full force of my ire and raised the choler of many sir! Poo poo to you!

:D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Glad you like it! :wink: :lol:
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

My forehead is purpled by rage to the extent that I could melt cheese on it.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I've just uploaded v1.2 of this OXP, and the WonderWorm now features a custom HUD. This is an adaptation of the default HUD, but much more tailored to combat situations, with laser temp, shields and energy now grouped on the right side, with other gauges to the left. The status light has ben moved and made more prominent, and the Aegis and Scoop indicators have swapped places. This in conjunction with moving the clock allows all 16 missile pylons to be visible.
The console and comms messages have also been repositioned.

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Curiosity kills Cats, thankfully I am no feline, rather an old space dog, that simply had to check out this awesome eyesore :) The only thing I can see that is missing is it's apparent inability to play the national anthem while your in the loo .
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Duggan wrote:
The only thing I can see that is missing is its apparent inability to play the national anthem while you're in the loo.
Good job too. Sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up. You wouldn't know whether you were going or passing through.

That HUD, however, has tipped the balance of my curiosity, too. Downloading...
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

SandJ wrote:
That HUD, however, has tipped the balance of my curiosity, too. Downloading...
The WonderWorm's HUD was a step on the development road towards my Combat HUD. If you're looking for a new HUD, that's the one to go for as it has been refined much more since the WonderWorm HUD was introduced.
GalTourist
Poor
Poor

Post by GalTourist »

Not a bad start. Now how about a WonderCobra. Same features and characteristics as the WonderWorm, plus more ball turrets...
Better yet, how about a player version of an Imperial Star Destroyer that goes .8Ls

Now if only we can add multiple shield banks just for good measure.

Sadly, the joy of flying such a monstrosity would quickly transform into shame.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

GalTourist wrote:
Better yet, how about a player version of an Imperial Star Destroyer that goes .8Ls
Now if only we can add multiple shield banks just for good measure.
Sadly, the joy of flying such a monstrosity would quickly transform into shame.
Were you a big guy, would you bully the weaker just because you can? If so, then the problem isn't with your body, but with your head... (idiots who try to attack you don't count as bullying, but as enforcing Darwin's law)

Please note I'm not moralizing on the legality aspect. I see no shame in flying a battleship as long as you try to put it in proper use, be it using the main guns to break open a black monks piggy bank, wiping out pirate kings' armadas for fun&profit, or being hired to defend a multi-system from the neighbouring aggressive dictatorship; I also said before that the role needs missions.

...0.8??? :shock: ...er, I think you may have gone a "little" overboard there...
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
fronclynne
Deadly
Deadly

Post by fronclynne »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
...0.8??? :shock: ...er, I think you may have gone a "little" overboard there...
In keeping with their movie-based performance they should be quite fast (faster than a YT-1300 at sublight*), but turn like drunken cows on ice-skates. Also, a couple of times larger than any of the Naval Behemoth craft.

Code: Select all

<key>max_flight_speed</key>
                <real>520</real>