mainstation existance failure

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

mainstation existance failure

Post by Staer9 »

I have been playing around with some of my save files and I found the one that has finished the [spoiler] balrog mission (assassins) at Eszausve [/spoiler] after purchasing a Chopped cobra at the mainstation I left and the game crashed to desktop. This was not that unusual as it has been doing it a lot without any log errors. but the next time when I launched the game that save file refused to load, resulting in yet more CTDs. I decided to check the log and I found this:

Code: Select all

09:45:07.875 [universe.setup.badStation]: Failed to set up a ship for role "none" as system station, trying again with "dodecahedron".
full log:

09:44:51.781 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.75.3 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2011-09-13 09:44:51 -0300.
2 processors detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

09:44:51.921 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1280 x 800
09:44:52.015 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
09:44:52.359 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
    ../AddOns/Assassins.oxp
    ../AddOns/Basic-debug.oxp
    ../AddOns/chopped_geckoV0.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/griff_krait_v1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/griff_shipset_dizzy's_all_in_1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Python_ET_SpecialV0.9.oxp
    ../AddOns/RandomHits1.4.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/staer9_chopped_cobraV1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Staer9_Shipset.oxp
09:44:52.359 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.0.0 ("2.0.0 - Build 7.15.10.5218"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator".
09:44:52.359 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (62):
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_SGIS_texture_lod
09:44:52.359 [rendering.opengl.gpuSpecific]: Matched GPU configuration "Intel GMA 900/950 family".
09:44:52.359 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
09:44:52.843 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
    assassins
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.75.3
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75.3
    oolite-nova 1.75.3
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75.3
    oolite-trumbles 1.75.3
    Random_Hits 1.4.5
09:44:59.125 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
09:44:59.125 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
09:44:59.125 [debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.
09:44:59.656 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
09:45:06.906 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
    assassins
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.75.3
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75.3
    oolite-nova 1.75.3
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75.3
    oolite-trumbles 1.75.3
    Random_Hits 1.4.5
09:45:07.875 [universe.setup.badStation]: Failed to set up a ship for role "none" as system station, trying again with "dodecahedron".
and before someone says "man, that griff shipset is OLD", I know already.
Last edited by DaddyHoggy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Failed to fix still viewable spoiler... ?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: mainstation existance failure

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I remember this log error! Have a look here...
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: mainstation existance failure

Post by Eric Walch »

Staer9 wrote:
I decided to check the log and I found this:

I am not sure if this can be related to crashes as the log already writes that it will try an other role. In the 1.65 days this was the way to create a system without a station by asking one with role "none". Asteroid storm also used to do this. It worked as long nobody creates a station with a role "none" :lol: