Post by Killer Wolf »

oh dear.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Lunar City or bust

Post by Selezen »

Good idea done badly.

I sincerely hope their colonisation skills are better than their web design skills.

Mind you, the merchandise is nice.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

This probably isn't going to end well. :?
But it would be AWESOME if they succeed! :D
tonycro
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tonycro »

2016-001 Construction of space gun commences

intresting, :shock:
Learn from the mistakes of others, life is too short to make them all your self !
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

When I was much younger I ploughed a load of money (by my standards, not by a rich person's standards) into a project to build a brand new country by dumping concrete on some shallow sea somewhere. The plan was in place with rules for government, economy, immigration and everything. I signed up as a citizen-to-be and awaited my early-resident passport and regular updates.

It was all for real because I saw it on a web site, and this was circa 1993 / 94 before anything bad had appeared on the InterNet. :roll:

I'm still waiting... :oops:

So, this Luna City ... who do I need to send my money to? This time, I want a name.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

You should meet my cousin in Nigeria :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

SandJ wrote:
When I was much younger I ploughed a load of money (by my standards, not by a rich person's standards) into a project to build a brand new country by dumping concrete on some shallow sea somewhere. The plan was in place with rules for government, economy, immigration and everything. I signed up as a citizen-to-be and awaited my early-resident passport and regular updates.

It was all for real because I saw it on a web site, and this was circa 1993 / 94 before anything bad had appeared on the InterNet. :roll:

I'm still waiting... :oops:

So, this Luna City ... who do I need to send my money to? This time, I want a name.
I'm guessing you haven’t learned your lesson? Scammers are good at lying, but when it's all said and done, that's all it is.

Be skeptical. Hold onto your money, and don't invest 'till they have something concrete (pun intended) to show to the press.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And when you get there, all tired and grumpy and don't fancy cooking dinner...

You could always dial-out for pizza :roll:
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
SandJ wrote:
I'm guessing you haven’t learned your lesson? Scammers are good at lying, but when it's all said and done, that's all it is.

Be skeptical. Hold onto your money, and don't invest 'till they have something concrete (pun intended) to show to the press.
I was trying to be funny.

In my younger days I trusted everyone.

Now I'm older, wiser, cynical and poorer.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Thargoid wrote:

How stupid is that? This is no doubt to capitalize on the release of that apollo 18 movie. Making a pizza on the moon requires all the food ingredients of modern society be already produced there. They will be the last thing to be on the moon after a self sustaining colony is already there. Like the early settlers of north america, colonists of the moon will have a one way ticket. Unlike them however, lunar colonists will have to be highly intelligent and creative jack of all trade types that can do everything that needs to be done to survive in an airless dump with no life that requires technology to survive. The skill set will be enormous and 90% of people are not up to that task.

Just wanting to go and having money will not be enough. If on the other hand you get a knock on the door by a couple of government types who say your the classic underacheiving loner that can stand the isolation of a one way trip and they want to give you 5 years of basic skill training and send you there, by all means take the opportunity to get off of this rock, if only to leave a corpse for posterity where it shouldn't be. :P
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Thargoid wrote:

Time for a Pizza Station OXP, with YAH ads to match... :lol:
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
If on the other hand you get a knock on the door by a couple of government types who say your the classic underacheiving loner that can stand the isolation of a one way trip and they want to give you 5 years of basic skill training and send you there, by all means take the opportunity to get off of this rock, if only to leave a corpse for posterity where it shouldn't be. :P
If I'd read that 35 years ago, I'd have made it my life's ambition. :)
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

SandJ wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
If on the other hand you get a knock on the door by a couple of government types who say your the classic underacheiving loner that can stand the isolation of a one way trip and they want to give you 5 years of basic skill training and send you there, by all means take the opportunity to get off of this rock, if only to leave a corpse for posterity where it shouldn't be. :P
If I'd read that 35 years ago, I'd have made it my life's ambition. :)
Hehe! But underacheivers have no ambition, thus the title of underacheiver. Most underacheivers are usually so on the surface based on society's crude measuring stick of money, power and fame. Underneath many are artists and intellectuals who only accomplish things of interest to fill the need to express thier creative passions, solely for thier own amusement and if others find it useful then so much the better.

Even if you had made it your life's ambition 35 years ago it would only have increased your chance of going to the moon slightly. If the black budget of the United States(30 to 50 $billion/year) had been spent on moon colonization every year since the last moon landing, you would have been able to go, I'm sure. It was out of your hands no matter what. On the other hand, as soon as rocket parts become as cheap and reliable as the average family sedan, underacheivers will own the place. Nothing motivates the underachiever like the actual realistic possibility of acheiving their dream or passion. :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs