Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Military Ray

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Military Ray

Post by Pansen »

Hello all.

Who created the Ray Mk 1 and Military Ray? Would they have any objections to my using it in some fiction I'm working on at the moment?

Cheers.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Military Ray

Post by Disembodied »

Pansen wrote:
Hello all.

Who created the Ray Mk 1 and Military Ray? Would they have any objections to my using it in some fiction I'm working on at the moment?

Cheers.
I think it was Dr Nil – they're part of his Commies OXP. He's not been around for a while, but I don't think there would be any objection to using the ships in fiction. You could fire a PM to him anyway though.
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

Cheers Disembodied - will do that.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ah, so this is why the Doc dropped by...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

I think so! The Dr. has kindly allowed me (and all other Ooliters) to use the Ray and his other creations in some fiction.

The short story is going to be a back-story for the pilot in Petra - Sola'Kiki Miz-Miz. I've been reading up a little on Stalinist era gulags, and, in particular, the tattoos the unfortunate occupants may have got whilst in them. The setting will be Ribilebi in G1.

Looking into the Doc's work, it seems he's on the same wavelength as me with this - i.e. that the Stalinist era /early USSR is the motivation/backdrop here. Incidentally, I'm NOT suggesting that a 'communist' world would necessarily be like this (as if the USSR was a model of what Marx intended and all that :wink: ) - It's just for the purposes of this story.

Anyway, I also have lots of work to do with the initial story - Petra - which I'm not happy with. May well end up posting the back-story before I re-do Petra.

Sorry! going on a bit here.. guess this should really be in the 'fiction' section :wink: