Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Solved] Graviton missile

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

smiggy
Average
Average

[Solved] Graviton missile

Post by smiggy »

In the Assassins OXP, I 'acquired' the Graviton missile as per a previous post in the forum.
I'd gone through the text adventure and popped out near the rebel base, docked etc.
However I do not know what I'm supposed to do with it as nothing pops up to say 'well done you completed the mission' in order to progress to next step in the storyline???

Am I supposed to fire it, go somewhere and drop it off?
My mission list says to still acquire it from the rebel base?

:?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Graviton missile

Post by Commander McLane »

(1) After finishing the text adventure you have to go into the station's equipment department (F3-screen) and buy the missile. Obviously this only works if you have at least one free missile pylon.

(2) Well, what did you buy the missile for? To destroy one of your targets, which isn't destructible by any other means. So, after buying the missile, go to the system where your target is located, find the target, and fire the missile.

-------------

You may run into a problem with (1), because there is a bug in Assassins.oxp, the result of which is that the missile isn't actually buyable even after finishing the text adventure. You have to open equipment.plist, find the entry for the missile, and change its available_to_all key from no to yes. Only after doing that should you start the text adventure. So you may be required to revert to a save-game previous to the text adventure in order to progress.