AVG "Free" for Android Phones

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

AVG "Free" for Android Phones

Post by DaddyHoggy »

After a recommendation by a friend I installed AVG Free on my wife's HTC Desire S. All seemed well, but she had a go at me this morning complaining that AVG seems to have "upgraded" itself and now she appears to be paying £2.00 a month for it.

I can't find anything on the internet or AVG's page to indicate what she might be paying for or why it's not "free" any more.

Any thoughts? Have I accidentally agreed to some other AVG service during the installation process?

£2.00 is one of the annoyingly low amounts where you end up just paying, even if you're not sure why or what for...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: AVG "Free" for Android Phones

Post by Frame »

I have a HTC Desire HD.. And AVG mobiliton free version..

There is an build in upgrade option, and i suppose that would upgrade it to Pro version, as that banner flickers at the top,
try and confirm the version by other means, but an indicator could be that the banner is gone and that you or someone somehow by accident upgraded to the Pro version..

i installed mine about 2 months ago, and have not received a bill, however i never entered my credit card data into the phone either because that IMHO is asking for trouble and abuse.. although now with Easy-ID: abuse is close to impossible unless they got my key card... which is a piece of paper with 150 numbers in it, use once and throw away passwords so to speak..

Cheers Frame...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
DaddyHoggy

Re: AVG "Free" for Android Phones

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Cheers Frame - it would seem the charge was added to my wife's phone bill - we didn't hand over any card details, but I will investigate with this additional info!

Thank-you
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here