Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly - no issues with 1.85.0.6940-170609-feb6270

Post by another_commander »

Harmless wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:30 pm
I don't know if these "no issues noted" reports are of any value, but this was mine :)
These are exactly my preferred kind of reports :-)
Harmless
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by Harmless »

Today I played 7eae3c8-dev.x64 through about 50 system jumps, with many passenger and parcel contract deliveries and quite a few combats. I've also installed ambiences recommended by Norby, which have been quite fun. No issues.

I found it quite cool that one of those OXZs has ship exhibitions, almost like a car dealership, parked near the witchpoint. If you scratch 'em, you bought 'em! I thought I had come up with a cool exploit to get to "Elite" more quickly -- drop a quirium cascade mine near the exhibition to get a huge kill count! It seems the OXZ author already thought of this -- in that brilliant and dazzling quirium moment, my half-million credits evaporated right along with the 20 parked ships! LOL!
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Harmless wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 pm
It seems the OXZ author already thought of this...
<sniggers> I believe TOG once offered a similar harvest - but they snuffed that exploit.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

@Harmless: The nightly you use contains also what I believe to be the fix to your fullscreen problems. Going fullscreen on any monitor, even on the laptop that showed the problem, should now work as expected. It would be great if you could confirm.
Harmless
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Harmless »

You're right, it's fixed! Thanks!
Harmless
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Harmless »

Reporting on nightly build 4b68e0c: it works great for my set-up, with no issues noted. Activities include trading, passenger contracts, parcel delivery contracts, and a lot more fighting. I am very un-Elite, so it also includes quite a few reloads.

Unrelated to the nightly build, I think my bad habits may lead me to uninstalling the OXP that gives you an arrival report. Initially the arrival reports really enhanced the game immersion with the really great context and humor, but now that I've seen all the arrival reports multiple times, I've built a habit of just hitting space without carefully reading. In the original Elite's hunt for the constrictor mission, I recall that I would occasionally receive sighting reports when I docked here and there. I've gone through more than 500 dockings since receiving that Oolite mission, with maybe 10% in the vicinity of Xeer and Reesdice, without noticing any information. I think maybe my bad habit of hitting the space bar without really reading may be missing something (I'm confident in these numbers, because I've built the habit of saving immediately upon each docking, and numbered each one serially -- I'm nearly at 1,200 saves).
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Harmless wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 pm
I've gone through more than 500 dockings since receiving that Oolite mission, with maybe 10% in the vicinity of Xeer and Reesdice, without noticing any information.
The Constrictor mission information should appear on the F7 screen once the mission has started and if you have arrived at a location programmed to generate a hint. They would not appear in the form of arrival reports.
Harmless
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Harmless »

Ah, that explains it -- thank you!
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

The latest nightly (1.85.0.6953-170704-4fd9403) doesn't display the countdown or other messages (one example would be the Welcome Mat OXP) in the HUD unless you press the ` key to show the comms log.

I tried it with the Xenon HUD and the default HUD.

Edit:
Welcome Mat only has the problem with Xenon HUD.
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.85.0.6953-170704-4fd9403

Post by Cody »

The latest nightly (1.85.0.6953-170704-4fd9403) doesn't display the countdown...
<nods> Just got this too:

Code: Select all

18:58:34.632 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse Resources/Config/planetinfo.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 42680 (char 1348745) - invalid utf8 data while parsing quoted string
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Thanks for catching that. It should be fixed in 93adf46. Please keep an eye out for other possible problems with message printing, just to be sure we didn't miss anything else.

Cody: I have no idea why the planetinfo error pops up. There was no recent change to that file. Try copying it again from the installer or an earlier nightly build, or directly from the github repository.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Using the same nightly build direct from the GitHub repository (rather than via the updater thingy) clears that error - thanks.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Found that game over messages had also disappeared as a result of the recent changes to gui message handling. This should also be fixed in tonight's build.
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

Using the same nightly build direct from the GitHub repository (rather than via the updater thingy) clears that error - thanks.
I had the same error using rsync to update. I thought it was because of my buggy internet connection - apparently not.
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

It should be fixed in 93adf46.
The countdown works in 93adf46. The Welcome Mat message still doesn't work with the Xenon HUD.

Here's how the message gui is defined in Xenon HUD:

Code: Select all

message_gui = {
			width = 160;
			height = 80;
			x = -250;
			y = 60;
			y_origin = -1;
			x_origin = 0;
			row_height = 11;
			background_rgba = "0.1 0.1 0.1 0";
		};