Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

@Another Commander: Super!
@Thargoid: Wow!
@Griff: Classic work with quality

:D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Thargoid wrote:
Coming soon to a galaxy near you, although use of turretted ships is not recommended (again).
Wow, that's what I call small print! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Kaks wrote:
Wow, that's what I call small print! :D
It suffers from the same trunk bug as the original fuel station (which was a spin-off of this model) - turretted ships can't dock with it and have a space-bar moment instead.

I do hope you clever guys can sort that bug out soon, or else this OXP won't be compatible with Caduceus or any other player ship with turrets.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

In the meantime Thargoid (pre-turret bug fix) you could always use a bit of Handwavium to suggest that turretted ships are banned due to an unfortunate incident where a computer glitch on a ship with turrets (caused by the station itself?) which meant the turrets opened up on full auto and couldn't be shut down...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

This was the plan ;)
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

8) "Great minds" and all that...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Holy Giles, the Yakuza are raiding the station. Maybe I should give the Cops a hand? (This particular bad girl is flying Killer Wolf's Vampire Reaper. Station from PA Groove's Stations).

OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
aceshigh
Competent
Competent

Post by aceshigh »

another_commander wrote:
Just had a pretty intense fight with a couple of Cobras inside an asteroid field. Got blown to pieces as usual, but this time it was because I was trying to get pics (not because my piloting skills suxxor, honest ;-) ). Here we go:

wow, these are some good graphics. What mods are you using? I installed basically ALL the mods from the Wiki (lol) and I dont get graphics like these...
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

aceshigh wrote:
wow, these are some good graphics. What mods are you using? I installed basically ALL the mods from the Wiki (lol) and I dont get graphics like these...
What you see in those shots contains the upcoming 1.73 version's features. You will not be able to see this with any of the so far released versions. Having said that, the OXPs and modifications shown therein are:
- Griff's normal mapped Cobra MkIII, downloadable from here. This is basically what requires Oolite version 1.73, as it contains normal maps, not supported in 1.72.2 or earlier.
- CaptKev'sSystem Redux OXP for the planets, from the wiki indictated link (http://download.marlinsoftware.co.uk/Oo ... _redux.zip)
- Modified nebula and stars counts by editing planetinfo.plist as described here. I personally like it with star_count_multiplier set to 5 and nebula_count_mulitplier to 8, but your mileage may vary.
- Finally, in the wreckage pic a bit later, I am using the normal mapped version of Flaming Wreckage OXP by Griff/Thargoid. Discussion here.
aceshigh
Competent
Competent

Post by aceshigh »

where can I read about 1.73 features, as well as future implementations you guys wish to make?

do you guys intend to work on the engine until it looks like... X3, or maybe Infinity: Quest For Earth?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

aceshigh wrote:
where can I read about 1.73 features, as well as future implementations you guys wish to make?

do you guys intend to work on the engine until it looks like... X3, or maybe Infinity: Quest For Earth?
The forum contains all of the discussions regarding new features of 1.73. Given that it might be tricky going through all post-January 2009 posts looking for this information, I would think that the easiest thing to do would be to set up SVN, and use it to browse the commit log history after revision 1989, which was the revision used to produce 1.72.2. That, or wait until the release, at which point the full changelog will become available.
Edit: Almost forgot, there is a list of to-do things on the Berlios project page, you can browse it here: https://developer.berlios.de/pm/?group_id=3577 . Some of these things have already been implemented.

As for your second question, I think Ahruman would be the best person to respond. Upgrading the engine is his sector. As far as I can tell, we are not aiming at being compared to any other space sim game. As long as there is enthusiasm and participation, the engine can be continuously upgraded and improved.
DeepSpace
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DeepSpace »

So what can we expect in 1.73? I guess normal maps is one thing, which sounds awesome. When installed will 1.73 look exactly like previous basic versions or will it already have normal mapped ships and stations in it?

Looking forward to the next release. 8)
http://www.jblythe.f9.co.uk/oolite

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back it time of Breakfast!"
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

A galcop (Griff) trade outpost

aceshigh
Competent
Competent

Post by aceshigh »

thats a great looking station. Although I think these black/red stations/ships look evil :)

goody stations should have whiteish/bluish themes ;)
DeepSpace
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DeepSpace »

Looks awesome although I agree with Aceshigh, Good stations should have a friendlier look to them. Also if thats a Galcop theme station shouldn't the read lights be Blue? ;)
http://www.jblythe.f9.co.uk/oolite

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back it time of Breakfast!"