Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Oolite Extended Project - Fork, no oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

@Lestradae: While the list of problematic OXPs is useful, you should have each OXP listed on a new line for legibility. Having all of those OXPs in one block isn't easy to read.

OSE sounds like it will be good. However, I might not use it myself as I don't think it will fit with how I like Oolite.

That said, keep up the good work. Other people like it and will use OSE.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

@Nemoricus:

These oxps are not problematic as such in and of themselves, just running them in addition to OSE WiP might produce problems, and I want to exclude this as reason from the list of possible culprits!

The line for line idea is good, will do.

Thanks for the good wishes :D

I think tastes are different and that is a good thing. All of Oolite is configured to be arrangeable to one's own taste. That easily allows reasonable people to agree to disagree without any bad feelings - wishing each other well whilst pursuing different visions of what to do with this great game 8)

As more than 3.100 downloads for the last RS version have registered in 7 1/2 months at box.net, this means a lot of people enjoy what this meta-oxp adds in - and this is also a motivation for me to carry on the often not so funny work on it!

Cheers

L
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I removed everything and it now works. Now, to add them one by one to see witch ones set it off...

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hope you find the problem configuration soon!

BTW, when you find out which oxps have a problem with OSE or vice versa, please let me know so that I can do something about it!

Glad it is now working :D

L
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

I have heard from some OSE beta-testers under trunk 1.73 that there seem to be problems with self-emptying fuel tanks and cascade missiles doing a disappearing act in the equipment shop.

Does anyone else from the more than twenty people currently testing OSE WiP encounter these problems?

I don't, I'm testing under 1.72.2 and OS Vista. Please if someone reports (even if only that this works on your system) add if you are using 1.72.2 or "1.73" trunk and which OS you are on.

Thanks in advance,

RL-short-timed

L
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ..

Post by Screet »

Lestradae wrote:
I have heard from some OSE beta-testers under trunk 1.73 that there seem to be problems with self-emptying fuel tanks and cascade missiles doing a disappearing act in the equipment shop.

Does anyone else from the more than twenty people currently testing OSE WiP encounter these problems?
The fuel tank problem was caused by a typo in neocaduceus oxp's eject position. The cascade missile problem still is there...however, I also miss Aquatics Trident missiles, so it might be something strange not related to OSE and Aquatics...especially since both Trident and Cascade missiles do work if the save file is edited to contain them.

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I don't recall seeing cascade missiles on my system for absolutely ages. I do get the trident missiles without issue though.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Screet wrote:
The fuel tank problem was caused by a typo in neocaduceus oxp's eject position.
This will still have to be fixed for OSE as the neocaduceus is in already, I assumed this was basically a "stable version".

I have already downloaded the fixed oxp and take care that the updates make their way into OSE WiP also.

Will have a look into the cascade missile. I think it doesn't explode, Mutabilis-like, if you are too close to the planet (1.33 planet radii from the planets center, I think). But that shouldn't explain why it doesn't appear in the equipment shop.

So I have a RL too, while the to-do list grows ... great :(

Still it was a good idea to find all these things out and fix them before an official release, especially for such a complex oxp like OSE - I guess I have learned.

8)

L
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Fixed!
Lestradae wrote:
Screet wrote:
The fuel tank problem was caused by a typo in neocaduceus oxp's eject position.
This will still have to be fixed for OSE as the neocaduceus is in already, I assumed this was basically a "stable version".

I have already downloaded the fixed oxp and take care that the updates make their way into OSE WiP also.

Will have a look into the cascade missile. I think it doesn't explode, Mutabilis-like, if you are too close to the planet (1.33 planet radii from the planets center, I think). But that shouldn't explain why it doesn't appear in the equipment shop.

So I have a RL too, while the to-do list grows ... great :(

Still it was a good idea to find all these things out and fix them before an official release, especially for such a complex oxp like OSE - I guess I have learned.

8)

L
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

@ClymAngus:

Thanks for the prompt reply! :D

May I inquire, did you change something else in neocaduceus but the eject position, and if, what?

@Screet:

Tried to buy Cascade missiles, also q-bombs, and blasted things with both alternately. Worked :?

You are aware that they are TL 13+ equipment, yes? As that could also contribute to the rarity experience.

Could you perhaps try to fly to one of the SIRFYards ("I" on the scanner, very far out in TL 12+ systems) - they should have Cascade missiles - and report back if you got working ones there or not?

Cheers

L

EDIT: Update - the (OSE!) Cascade missiles really don't work - it was Eric's experimental missile set that provided them. I think I know what's not working there and will repair it.

And - OSE WiP now works with the trunk if I switch shaders off :(
At least this means I can start developing this for future 1.73 already.

Nr.3! Not to forget! Photon torpedoes now are visibly photonic with the trunk Oolite! Yay!

And now to work - RL :?
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Screet wanted the ships to say caduceus alpha instead of caduceus_alpha and caduceus omega instead of caduceus_omega

To be honest the removal of spaces in file names is second nature to me as I work on linux most of the day and hate \ escape characters.

I saw no immediate harm in altering the ship names (as it seemed to be a purely asthetic alteration). If it's an issue then I'm sure I can put it back again.

Right, back to maps.
Lestradae wrote:
@ClymAngus:

Thanks for the prompt reply! :D

May I inquire, did you change something else in neocaduceus but the eject position, and if, what?

@Screet:

Tried to buy Cascade missiles, also q-bombs, and blasted things with both alternately. Worked :?

You are aware that they are TL 13+ equipment, yes? As that could also contribute to the rarity experience.

Could you perhaps try to fly to one of the SIRFYards ("I" on the scanner, very far out in TL 12+ systems) - they should have Cascade missiles - and report back if you got working ones there or not?

Cheers

L

EDIT: Update - the (OSE!) Cascade missiles really don't work - it was Eric's experimental missile set that provided them. I think I know what's not working there and will repair it.

And - OSE WiP now works with the trunk if I switch shaders off :(
At least this means I can start developing this for future 1.73 already.

Nr.3! Not to forget! Photon torpedoes now are visibly photonic with the trunk Oolite! Yay!

And now to work - RL :?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

ClymAngus wrote:
I saw no immediate harm in altering the ship names (as it seemed to be a purely asthetic alteration). If it's an issue then I'm sure I can put it back again.
No, it's not an issue, I just want the oxps to be completely compatible.

Thanks very much for providing the fix & the info, looking forwards to more from your excellent maps! :D

Cheers

L
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

V0.45

Post by Lestradae »

Oolite Shipyards Extension WiP V0.45 can now be downloaded from the first page of this thread. Beta- and playtesters please replace OSE WiP V0.4 with this one.

The changes from V0.4 to V0.45 are:

Bugfixes:
* Captured thargons should again work as intended for players - beyonder NPCs now use Photon Torpedoes instead
* All OSE barrels have the correct scanClass defined
* Cascade missiles are available for players again and also used by NPCs
* Caduceus Alpha and Omega now have working ejection positions for fuel tanks & the like
* Reduced portable equipment to the CD only due to some issues where equipment was not transfered correctly
* As drones & thargons for NPCs had troubles working correctly, replaced them with law missiles and photon torpedoes
* Missile positions for NPC carriers are now working as intended
* Player Dredger Rear View no longer obstructed by one of its turrets

Additional features:
* OSE V0.45 needs the "1.73" trunk version of Oolite core to run and is being developed for that version
* Photon Torpedoes look like bright cyan balls of flashy energy (under 1.73)
* When browsing the selling equipment options you are told how much money you will get for it beforehand
* OSE version of the Anti Missile System has an auto-ECM function made by Screet added in (thanks Screet!)
* Auction Stations (Scanner: "O") with Cargo Transfer Nodes for bigger cargo bays can now be found near the main station area - opening new profit revenues
* The sell equipment option also encompasses the new Wormhole Scanner from "1.73" Oolite trunk
* Shipyards in oxp stations will sell OSE ships according to their station tech level instead of a mix between station and system tech level (under 1.73, thanks to Cmdr James! ... doesn't work yet, as the "1.73" trunk command "hasShipyard" seems to be broken somehow)
* Photon Torpedoes, besides being the fastest and most accurate missiles in OSE, now have quirium cascade capability on top of it all

Additional Add-Ons & Mergers:
* Another ship oxp included: Hammer.oxp from ClymAngus
* Eric’s three alternate nuke missiles included and awarded triple speed & higher accuracy to be able to hit the faster and more agile OSE ships - player & NPC alike

Features available in cooperation with other oxps:
* Implemented Thargoid’s OSE/Aquatics Cloaking Device Compatibility solution

Have a look what you find when you follow the "O" on your scanner, especially if you have a ship with big cargo capacity :D

Cheers

L
Last edited by Lestradae on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Hi,

the feature to show how much money can be gained by selling equipment is very nice!

However, there's a slight bug in there: You use a "." in a different way than oolite:
Sell equipment cost: 10.0 Cr
Generates: 1.125 Cr or such
This results easily in confusion because it would actually mean that the player would lose money instead of gaining it ;)

Another point is that the sell and buy and sell options are mixed. I guess it would be easier to navigate through all those equipment pages if all sell options would be shown after any equipment that can be bought.

Screet
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hey Screet,

is the "." really irritating? I assumed that anyone who had bought any equipment would have a vague idea what it costs and would naturally take the "." as a symbol for "thousand". :?

Does anyone else have an opinion about this? I can change it easily, just found it more understandable, myself, with the ".".

Concerning the "all sell options should be shown after any equipment that can be bought" or even on a separate screen, T has already suggested this multiple times, but I don't think I can do this via oxp (if I'm mistaken about that, please someone tell me how). I however think it would be a good idea, though more one for Ahruman and/or A_C.

Have you already visited OoBay? How do you find this feature?

Cheers

L