Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Smugglers - The Galactic Underworld & Black Markets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: (BETA) Smugglers - The Galactic Underworld

Post by Smivs »

No, the cloak and naval energy unit have to be earned by completing two of the core missions.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: (Release) Smugglers - The Galactic Underworld

Post by phkb »

Version 1.2.0 has just been released. In this version:
  • Changed method of adjusting prices to work better with other OXP's that adjust prices.
  • Fixed Javascript error when attempting to sell illegal cargo through the Black Market.
  • Added console message confirming sale of illegal cargo through the Black Market.
  • Code cleanup.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Critical bug fix - v1.2.1 ready for downloading!
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

After successful completion of a smuggling contract and earning my credits, the smuggling contract is still listed as active if I access the station bulletin board F4. On F5 it's no longer displayed because I successfully completed the contract, smuggling compartment is empty, is this a bug? Now the time expired and the contract says I failed even though I was successful.
"Proof is in the eyes man, when you know, you know"
Flying the D.T.T. War Lance
phkb

Post by phkb »

Sounds like a bug. I'll post a fix shortly.

Edit: OK, the bug was actually in the "Contracts On BB" OXP. I'll post details in that thread.
phkb

Post by phkb »

New version 1.2.2 released. In this version:
  • Added "display_color" property to some equipment items (Oolite v1.85/86 only).
  • Added integration options for "Bounty System - Most Wanted" OXP.
  • Better handling of interstellar space.
  • Code refactoring.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 1.3.0 of Smugglers is now available. In this version:
  • It is now possible to add new commodities to the list of illegal goods possibilities.
  • The dock master can now relabel cargo as new (ie. non-core) commodities.
  • System map will now be shown when the dock master informs player of a milk run, highlighting the two systems.
  • Illegal goods on route will now handle not having the Advanced Navigation Array correctly.
  • Cleaned up overlay images.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Damocles Edge wrote:
I have now removed smugglers as it makes life tricky for a miner (if you cannot dock elsewhere and move cargo to smuggling stash).
This is a bit of a shame. One what hand, Smugglers did exactly what I envisaged it to do, to surprise the player and require new play mechanics. However, it does appear that it might make it a bit too hard. Returning to a local system to clear a bounty when that bounty means you come under fire from the moment to appear in system, makes it next to impossible to get to the main station to pay.

So, what could be done differently? What about allowing the player to pay the fine at a system < 7ly away from the point of origin, at at markup price? Any other suggestions/possibilities I could consider?
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

phkb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm
So, what could be done differently? What about allowing the player to pay the fine at a system < 7ly away from the point of origin, at at markup price? Any other suggestions/possibilities I could consider?
1. May be added option: "Request clearing status for Severity 1" in GalCop Security Office to returning to a local system to clear a bounty. It is action allowed one time, limiting time. In this time player not have bounty before first docking with station.

2. For miner may added "The Miner License"(permit), which can purchase in rock hermit. It is action in the local system for illegal miner cargo.
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

I don't know if it could be done or not, but the option to move cargo from main hold to smuggle hold (or vice versa) whilst in flight would address the issue.
Just asking out of curiosity - where would gold, platinum & gems be stored, I know that it's a bit of a grey area whether they are in the hold as such or not occupying any of the cargo tonnage?
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Damocles Edge wrote:
I have now removed smugglers as it makes life tricky for a miner (if you cannot dock elsewhere and move cargo to smuggling stash).
This is a bit of a shame. One what hand, Smugglers did exactly what I envisaged it to do, to surprise the player and require new play mechanics. However, it does appear that it might make it a bit too hard. Returning to a local system to clear a bounty when that bounty means you come under fire from the moment to appear in system, makes it next to impossible to get to the main station to pay.

FWIW - I have added smugglers again after realising that it was a knee jerk reaction to remove it in the first place.
Clearly smugglers adds extra dimension to game play and I have to accept that frustration will often occur if trying to play the game without changing my thought process and tactics.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Just so you know, I’m polishing up a new feature right now that will allow you to move cargo one way, from standard hold to smuggling hold, during flight. So if you scoop something me that’s illegal you don’t have to just dump it before docking.
Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Damocles Edge »

Cool 8)
At the risk of sounding thick (mainly cos I am)...
Am I correct in saying that you can only have 1 smuggling compartment installed and that it is a maximum size of 20t?
Only I noticed whilst previously running smugglers with a 20t smuggling compartment installed in my BCC that I was still getting an option in the F3 screen to buy a smuggling compartment, is this an equipment purchase list anomaly or can you have more than 1 smuggling compartment?
Apologies for not mentioning this sooner
And also with regard to gems, gold & platinum, when smugglers is running does it consider them to be housed in the smuggling hold or on your person (so to speak)?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Damocles Edge wrote:
Only I noticed whilst previously running smugglers with a 20t smuggling compartment installed in my BCC that I was still getting an option in the F3 screen to buy a smuggling compartment
You can only have 1 compartment installed. The purchase option on the F3 screen stays there in case you want to up/downsize your compartment.
Damocles Edge wrote:
And also with regard to gems, gold & platinum, when smugglers is running does it consider them to be housed in the smuggling hold or on your person (so to speak)?
Gold/platinum/gems relocated to the smuggling hold are no longer in the ship's safe, so will come with you if you eject.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 1.4.0 is now available. In this release:
  • Added primable equipment which allows cagro to be moved to the smuggling compartment during flight.
  • Fixed issue on "Move cargo out" screen, showing "[avail]" instead of available compartment space.
  • Removed decimal point values from showing for available compartment space.
  • Better handling of kg and g commodities.
  • Fixed issue with outrageous amounts being offered for narcotics and slaves on the Black Market.
Thanks to Damocles Edge for uncovering the bugs.