Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Can't get that Caduceus!!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

ClymAngus wrote:
wildstar wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
@Sendraks,
Have you tried the latest version? The speed is down to .4LM, among other stat changes. There's a few surprises thrown into the mix as well. :)

This is a very rare occurrence: Not one Caddy cruising through a system, but two.
[[img removed for space conservation]]
Soon after this shot was taken, I learned that the NPC Caddys were total pansies that wouldn't fight back. Bah!! So I gave then a custom AI with "tons o' nuts". They'll fight back alright. :twisted:
the ship looks awesome. but i think i just moved that oxp/ship out of the addons folder if that is from the neocaduceus.oxp

i kept getting errors....
Really? Cool, what errors?
yes the oolite has been crashing and i been saving log files renaming them with short descriptions and editing the log file to make notes of what i did if anything beyond the obvious course of removing the suspected oxp's.

i see a lot of files (textures) can not be founds and parsing issues for different equipt lists and some java issues.

so i am just removing everything i can till i get a clean run and then will start focusing on determining why any one oxp is having issues and how to go about fixing them.

and to clarify, it is difficult to determine which error if any is responsible for oolite crashing. it could be something else. i have noticed that oolite is taking up to 900 megs of memory at time of the crashes. but i have 3 gigs ram so i am not running out of memory yet.

again im new here so if anyone else is working on bugs/errors and if there is a more proper place to converse about it here in forums then please lemme know.

thanks!
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Screet wrote:
Chrisfs wrote:
Is it still prone to crashing into things ?
I think that's some oolite internal problem, at least if you use a version which has the quaternions fixed or play trunk which automatically fixes those values. I myself found that crashes with fuel stations are much less likely if I rebuild the cache every time I launch oolite?!?

Screet
unless u r adding or removing oxp's i dont think it should make a difference well it shouldn't Oo.
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

wildstar wrote:
unless u r adding or removing oxp's i dont think it should make a difference well it shouldn't Oo.
But it seems to - that is why everyone is quite so puzzled by the mystery boom. (And entering fuel stations from the planet-side seems to work well too :) )
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Makara wrote:
wildstar wrote:
But it seems to - that is why everyone is quite so puzzled by the mystery boom. (And entering fuel stations from the planet-side seems to work well too :) )
btw i noticed in my logs that it will say things like cache is stale and redo it.

isnt the fuel stations have openings on each end?

i been testing so many oxps and after falling asleep and waking 8 hrs later to find oolite consumed 1.5 gigs of ram and much of my cpu and a near entire meg of log file size i cleaned out all oxps and started adding what i felt were most worth while or interesting ones ONE at a time... got some errors fixed some am doing much better no crashing now so im happy... now to figure out how to add turrets to my omega. hmmm
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Captain Fullstrength wrote:
. . . but I've been flying a Caduceus for a while and I had heard about the Caduceus Omega and was intrigued. .....
Now I've got two awesome ships to terrorise the neighbourhood with. 8)
<<< the OMEGA is sooo nice!!! it will be MOST difficult to make a ship nicer than this i think. i modded mine with 16 missles so i am flying around cloaking and scrapping pirates LOL.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

This is a triumph, I'm making a note here HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to over state my satisfaction.
User creation; we do what we must because we can.
For the good of all of us except the ones who don't play.
But there's no use crying over every mistake, we just keep on trying till we run out of cake. so the vertex lines dip,
and we make a neat ship
for the commanders who are still alive.....

If you don't get the reference thenallow me to help you:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=250
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

CA: cake anyone? :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Kaks wrote:
CA: cake anyone? :)
Is there some Megaweed in it? ;)

Screet
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

Megaweed doesn't go in cakes. It belongs in brownies.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Ok, I didn't want to break it to you this way but....

The cake is a lie!

Be careful out there, and don't jump through interdimensional holes if you can avoid it! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

ClymAngus wrote:
But there's no use crying over every mistake, we just keep on trying till we run out of cake. so the vertex lines dip,
and we make a neat ship

Oo :?: idk what this is but watched it 4 times because i found the tune catchy and the animation of the (computer?) and its expressions quite adorable. makes me wish my computer was real and would talk to me and have feelings (i probably woudlnt curse at it so much then)...

ok well maybe i just need a woman lol but whoever made this >>> VGCATS STILL ALIVE VID is quite creative .. did an awesome job... if i only i could only understand the meaning of it Oo. oh well it was way cute! i sware if someone makes a hand held toy for kids to interact with that would talk to them teach them things be their friend and all the while be this expressive... were talking overnight hit!! this would be the next kids best friend since "my buddy" doll.

loooks better in full window mode
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

wildstar wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
and we make a neat ship

Oo :?: idk what this is but watched it 4 times because i found the tune catchy and the animation of the (computer?) and its expressions quite adorable. makes me wish my computer was real and would talk to me and have feelings (i probably woudlnt curse at it so much then)...

ok well maybe i just need a woman lol but whoever made this >>> VGCATS STILL ALIVE VID is quite creative .. did an awesome job... if i only i could only understand the meaning of it Oo. oh well it was way cute! i sware if someone makes a hand held toy for kids to interact with that would talk to them teach them things be their friend and all the while be this expressive... were talking overnight hit!! this would be the next kids best friend since "my buddy" doll.

loooks better in full window mode
What a sublime Vid! Thanks for sharing.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

It's from the game portal:

it is the "passing shot" from the evil computer at the end of the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdCi5XpCsE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_-QxbR ... re=related

As game endings go it was a bit raw, never been pleaded at by a baddie before. It's a bit harrowing to be honest.

Moderator: fiximacated linkitude
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

thank you ClymAngus i had no clue what it was about
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

wildstar wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
wildstar wrote:
the ship looks awesome. but i think i just moved that oxp/ship out of the addons folder if that is from the neocaduceus.oxp

i kept getting errors....
Really? Cool, what errors?
yes the oolite has been crashing and i been saving log files renaming them with short descriptions and editing the log file to make notes of what i did if anything beyond the obvious course of removing the suspected oxp's.

i see a lot of files (textures) can not be founds and parsing issues for different equipt lists and some java issues.

so i am just removing everything i can till i get a clean run and then will start focusing on determining why any one oxp is having issues and how to go about fixing them.

and to clarify, it is difficult to determine which error if any is responsible for oolite crashing. it could be something else. i have noticed that oolite is taking up to 900 megs of memory at time of the crashes. but i have 3 gigs ram so i am not running out of memory yet.

again im new here so if anyone else is working on bugs/errors and if there is a more proper place to converse about it here in forums then please lemme know.

thanks!
for now i dont have errors with the OMEGA and it remains my favorite ship. XD it is however difficult to tell if the turrets are realy firing or not. so i just increased its missiles to 16 and have a fun time firing missiles then cloaking and watching the other ships wander who da hells is shooting at them HEHE

tossing out all the oxps and old save files then adding a few oxp's at a time including this one seems to made a big difference. i have 66 world scripts loaded now and no major errors that seem to cause much problems. there is one but it is unrelated to this thread or oxp.