Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Ship equipment disappears in 1.76.1

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Ship equipment disappears in 1.76.1

Post by Pleb »

I have managed to sort my save game now, turns out I forgot my ship was a modified Griff Cobra Mark III as I replaced the decals on mine and customized the colours a bit. The only missing equipment now are OXP equipment without the "available_to_all" = 1; in the equipment.plist file. Thanks for helping me fix this, and sorry again for wrongly suggesting it was broken!
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Ship equipment disappears in 1.76.1

Post by Eric Walch »

Pleb wrote:
I have managed to sort my save game now, turns out I forgot my ship was a modified Griff Cobra Mark III as I replaced the decals on mine and customized the colours a bit. The only missing equipment now are OXP equipment without the "available_to_all" = 1;
In the past only on buying the check was made if a ship was allowed certain equipment. Even the repair of not-allowed equipment at the normal outfitting screen, was possible. (I just tested it out with 1.76) That could mean that when you changed your player ship by editing the save file, any not allowed equipment for the new ship was not removed and could even be repaired. This editing of the saved game could have happened 'ages' ago.

I'm glad it is sorted out now and was not a bug in Oolite itself.