RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wargame discussion

Post by RyanHoots »

Dragonfire wrote:
I like Risk, by the way.
I do, too! :D
I play the old version, I can't wrap my mind around the new version.
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

I have Lord of the Rings Risk. I like it more than the standard.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Why do wargames on your computer when you can also do it in your office. Its more fun that way. :D

Edit: Same clip in HD quality
Last edited by Eric Walch on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Eric Walch wrote:
Why do wargames on your computer when you can also do it in your office. Its more fun that way. :D
Brilliant - I've forwarded that to my team who daily do battle with our Serco based IT support.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

:lol: Thanks Eric, got a good chuckle from that. :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

I just read in the paper, that this Friday, right in my neighbourhood they are hosting the Risk state championships.
Winners qualify for the federal championships.

Lol, I had no idea that risk players would have official championships and all.

---------------------------------

Anyway, I guess everybody knew this already and I am not sure if it qualifies as "wargame", but as I only found this out recently myself,
I tell you anyway : C&C Tiberian Sun and the Extension Firestorm are freeware for a while now. :shock:
And the (English language) download version does not need any CD inserted (or an image of the CD).

One nice thing about it is that it runs fine, even on my really old and lameass PC, even in 1080p :D

As I can't find the download on EA's site I give you this link. I hope it works - it is on a German language site, but the download is the international/ English language version.
http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloa ... a37ecb6394

Installation instructions : http://na.llnet.cnc3tv.ea.com/u/f/eagam ... stall.html

The music is incredibly addictive. Enjoy.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Good find Snork - I still have the original DOS/Win95 BIG (and I mean BIG) box copies of the original Command and Conquer and C&C:Red Alert, but I didn't get any after that (although I was tempted by the 10yr edition special) - so I'm downloading this now... (BitTorrent actually)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

snork wrote:
C&C Tiberian Sun and the Extension Firestorm are freeware for a while now. :shock:
And the (English language) download version does not need any CD inserted (or an image of the CD).
<ring, ring>
<ring, ring>
Beep!
  • "Hi, you've got through to Commander SandJ's ansaphone and it's Saturday 29th October. Sorry I can't take your call right now. I've just had a delivery of a Better Than Life add-on called Tiberian Sun. It says on the instructions to lock the cabin door and leave the vidphone off the hook while playing. I don't suppose I'll be long. Leave a message after the tone."
Beep!
Sorry, this machine is unable to take a message. The recording medium is full. Please try again later.
<click>
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Well, about 6 weeks of playing Tiberian Sun and Firestorm end-to-end and for free. Not bad value!

Right, time to try to remember where I parked that damn space ship. I can't even remember what model it is...
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.