Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[RELEASE] Chopped Cobra V1.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: [RELEASE] Chopped Cobra V1.1

Post by phkb »

You can put OXZ files in the AddOns folder. They will work fine there, but they won't get updated through the download manager.
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Keeper »

Oh, well, there you are then. Poit!

Maybe Duggan just haven't come across one yet. The OXZ has no shiplibrary (well, there's a renamed "shiplibrary.plist_" that was used in testing, but as the names of all the ships have since been changed, that file's useless even if you rename it) so none will show up in the Ship Library.

I don't think I've come across one in actual gameplay, either... but then I almost never actually play Oolite!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Keeper wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 pm
One thing I didn't suggest in the PM -- perhaps adjusting the exhaust colours to match the 20 different paint schemes!

(Since these came with 20 paint schemes, I didn't create a random colour map for them, except for the Smivs mercenary and pirate variants.)
I did download your attached oxz (placed it in my Add On Folder)
Not sure that would work, Duggan. For an OXZ, put it into Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns.
Otherwise, create a folder called "ChoppedCobra.oxp" in your Oolite/AddOns folder and unzip the contents of the OXZ there (but then you won't be able to get updates through the manager, of course).
Ahh that would be it... some oxz's seem to work fine just in my add on folder "moar rocks oxz"springs to mind , whilst others may not ...
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

All OXZs should work from the AddOns folder.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

This ship is actually quite rare to encounter. Following the original roling by aegidian. I flew through a few systems and the ship got spawned a couple of times. Should it be more common? I'm not sure, since it's quite a mean ship to encounter.

There seems to be some kind of bug/quirck in the core game regarding laser position in external views. Core Cobra3 has it too, if viewed from external front view. I have now kind remedied it by disabling the custom views from the oxp and using the core views. Thanks for pointing that out.

Different exhaust colors seems like a nice touch, I'll add 'em.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Shadered version (1.2.1) is now available in the manager. Some balancing/tuning/tweaking has been done in addition to the looks. This version has been built on Amah's latest nonshader version 1.1.14.

* Normalmaps, effectmaps, shader magic and such by Keeper.
* Library entries added.
* Custom exhaust colors to bring more variety to the Ooniverse.
* Shop probabilities have been lowered since the ship was more common than Cobra3.
* Peaceful role weights and hunter role slightly upped so that the ship can actually be encountered. S9 police variant lowered to make it not so common. It was as common as core Viper in dangerous systems.
* Extra cargo bay has been removed to balance the ship. The ship was basically Cobra3 on steroids. Just a 2 ton penalty to the cargo bay, one missile slot less and more expensive. Now it's faster, has better shields and energy recharge than core Cobra3 with the expense of a chunk of cargo hold and its expansion. Just 18 tons of space. Like the original was. Rare Cobra S9 variant has even more umph with the expense of three more tons of space.
* Custom views reverted to core views, they work better. Shipdata cleaned from redundancies. Recharge rate of S9 fixed, it looked like a typo (10.4). Everything lower cased and prefixed to prevent future problems.

Enjoy, it's a beauty :D .
javirodriguez
Competent
Competent

Post by javirodriguez »

Hi!
I think there is a little mistake in shiplibrary.plist:
(
{
ship = "staer9_chopped_cobra-t1";
summary = "oolite-ship-library-summary-HM";
class = "ship";
},
{
ship = "smivs_chopped_cobra-s9-mercenary-player";
summary = "oolite-ship-library-summary-HM";
class = "ship";
},
)
It should be:
(
{
ship = "staer9_chopped_cobra-t1";
summary = "[oolite-ship-library-summary-HM]";
class = "ship";
},
{
ship = "smivs_chopped_cobra-s9-mercenary-player";
summary = "[oolite-ship-library-summary-HM]";
class = "ship";
},
)

Add ………………… [ ] [ ]
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thanks. Bug fixed and a new version (1.2.2) uploaded.