Strange thing in interstelar space

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Strange thing in interstelar space

Post by another_commander »

Ark wrote:
Another strange thing was that when I attempted to dock into a behemoth in interstellar space, during the docking procedure I had a message from Aronar station (the system I was before withspace) that “We have uploaded docking procedures …”
This one is now fixed. Oolite would accept as a main system station the first station-capable entity generated, even when in witchspace. This would make the Behemoth a main station and thus, you were receiving station messages instead of carrier ones.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

And if I'm right with my analysis over there, the other bug should be relatively easy to fix as well:
Commander McLane wrote:
Yes, I had the same thing with the Thargoid Carrier once. The target inspector revealed that it had an energy below ZERO. For every consecutive hit the energy sank more below 0 and I was awarded another 2000 Cr.

Seems that the bounty-rewarding mechanism checks for energy <= 0 and awards a bounty, while the ship-explosion mechanism probably only checks for energy = 0. If it somehow misses the moment (although I have no idea why and how it could do that), the ship won't be removed from the Ooniverse, and continue with negative energy forever. :shock: (The energy-recharge mechanism seems to check for energy > 0, so the Carrier in question never gained any energy anymore, so indeed it had to exist forever.)
Changing the explosion mechanism so that it triggers on energy <= 0 should fix it.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
Changing the explosion mechanism so that it triggers on energy <= 0 should fix it.
Everyone’s an expert. ;-)

That’s exactly how explosions are triggered. However, in the specific case of the main station, the method responsible for the actual explosion does nothing. The bug was that carriers were being treated as the main station – so another_commander’s fix covers your bug.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Even better!

(Although in my case it happened with a Carrier in normal space, with the main station present as well.)

And I did start with saying 'if I'm right with my analysis'. :wink: