Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

YOUR AD HERE!!! 300 ads (sets A, B, C, D, E, F & G)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: YOUR AD HERE!!! 300 ads (sets A, B, C, D, E, F & G)

Post by Thargoid »

Or perhaps a little worldscript that detects and moves them (if they have a suitable unique role)?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Thargoid wrote:
Or perhaps a little worldscript that detects and moves them (if they have a suitable unique role)?
Or a world script that moves the player a little further away (who has a suitable unique role)? Could be easily incorporated into the YAH script:

Code: Select all

this.shipWillExitWitchspace = function()
{
    if(player.ship.position.magnitude() < 1000)
    {
        player.ship.position = [1000, 500, -2000];
    }
}
That'd be just one possible position far enough away, but with a good view to the tetrascreen.

If player.ship.position isn't yet defined during shipWillExitWitchspace (I haven't tested that yet), it could also be done during shipExitedWitchspace.
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
The PWEI (Post Witchspace Exit Inhibitor) - sustains the respulitron particles gathered during Witch-tunnel transit and traps them temporarily within the shield matrix.

As far as the pilot is concerned the PWEI gives the ship apparently infinite amounts of energy and is therefore temporarily indestructible (for about 5 seconds) - of course what is actually happening is that the repulsitrons are acting as a buffer between the ship and "normal" space so that even large and very solid objects seem to bounce off the surface of the ship...
Hmmm - sounds like it makes a ship almost... Bulletproof Image
BF Bullpup
Above Average
Above Average

Post by BF Bullpup »

I'm trying different Oolite plug-ins now that I have a video card and I must say YAH is very funny and creative. Kudos to the community as a whole.

Will the fix for nearly crashing into a billboard after jumping be out at around the time H and I roll out? It is but a minor gameplay issue for me, but when I drive on the Interstate, the local governments don't place billboards right in the middle of the road for me to avoid while going 100+ KPH! :lol:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

As I was bored on the flight back from Geneva on Friday - have a little add-on OXP.

YAH Mobile

This small add-on OXP introduces ship-towed mobile ad billboards to route one of most systems (those which meet the normal YAH criteria). They just tour back and forward between the witchpoint and the planet along the main space lane, advertising their wares and generally getting in the way (just like their real-world equivalents!).

Anyway as the wiki is down at the moment, download from box.net via this link.

It requires at least one of the sets to be installed, and is compatible with existing sets A-G and upcoming sets H-J (presuming the format stays the same).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Sounds like fun...thanks. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Oops, uploaded a slightly incorrect version (there's a ; missing at the end of line 7 of the shipdata.plist).

Corrected now, but can the two of you who've downloaded it either re-download or just amend the file please?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thargoid wrote:
As I was bored on the flight back from Geneva on Friday - have a little add-on OXP.

YAH Mobile

This small add-on OXP introduces ship-towed mobile ad billboards to route one of most systems (those which meet the normal YAH criteria). They just tour back and forward between the witchpoint and the planet along the main space lane, advertising their wares and generally getting in the way (just like their real-world equivalents!).

Anyway as the wiki is down at the moment, download from box.net via this link.

It requires at least one of the sets to be installed, and is compatible with existing sets A-G and upcoming sets H-J (presuming the format stays the same).
Since I don't know what else to do I can safely say that future sets will be the same.

(Apologies again for forgetting to test...)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Is it worth splitting the section about YAH Mobile into a separate thread? As more ads get made the OXP may get lost? I nearly didn't notice it myself.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Now that the wiki's back up, I'll make a page for it when i get a bit of time and then a thread for it too.
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

I hope this is the right place for a bug report. On my Windows system running 1.76, the Oodles constore appears untextured on the side with the dock, while all other varieties are properly coloured and shaded. I'm using two AMD Radeon 6800 HD cards in a Crossfire arrangement, and as far as I know my graphics drivers are up to date.

Some screenshots I made (1920x1080 res):
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

BuggyBY wrote:
I hope this is the right place for a bug report.
It's a bug (one of several) in set G.

It's been fixed in the repackaged YAH 4.1.7 and fully updated for 4.1.7 sets A-G available from this link.

http://sdrv.ms/JbSisY

Wiki page also updated with this link... http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Your_A ... nload_Link
Last edited by Capt. Murphy on Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
It's been fixed in the repackaged YAH 4.1.7 and fully updated for 4.1.7 sets A-G available from this link.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b4f2ca00 ... BA1305!157
I don't know if it is the same link as you send me before, but now it is not working for me. I enter the download page correct, but, before it is completely build, I am redirected to a log-in page for skydrive users. No change to see the actual file for download.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Eric Walch wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b4f2ca00 ... BA1305!157
I don't know if it is the same link as you send me before, but now it is not working for me. I enter the download page correct, but, before it is completely build, I am redirected to a log-in page for skydrive users. No change to see the actual file for download.
Odd - when I sign out and then click the link I get this page. I'll clear my cookies and history and try with another browser as-well, but the link should give access to anyone to that particular folder in my skydrive.

[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1