Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[WIP] GalCop Missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] GalCop Missions

Post by Milo »

I haven't had a chance to try another of those missions yet, but meanwhile I picked up an "update firmware" mission in Zaalela and it is working, but it wanted me to update seven satellites (I have extra planets) and the payment is just 90 credits. Also I only had about 13 minutes and ran out of time with three to go. I'm continuing to finish them off, since it's still letting me update them even though the timer expired, and we'll see what payment it gives when I finish. Feedback so far: I think the upload process per satellite (10%, 20%, etc.) takes too long and the offered payment should scale up with the number of satellites.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the feedback, Milo. That's really helpful. I'll put some changes into the next release (which should be out shortly).
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

I'm not sure what happened with that mission in the end. When I went back to the main station after finishing the seventh satellite, the mission just disappeared from my manifest and there wasn't an entry on the BBS. Maybe I overlooked a message about it during the docking sequence (I have docking fees installed too). Definitely did not receive any payment.
phkb

Post by phkb »

If the mission was expired when you docked, it will be automatically removed. I can't remember if there's a post-dock mission text report, or just a status message, but I'm pretty sure this would only be displayed if there was a penalty payment, but there's no penalty for the upgrade firmware mission.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Sorry it took a while to follow up on the surveillance missions. On my latest attempt, the surveillance satellite in the destination system accepted the code and data upload. However, I noticed that the F5 manifest showed the wrong destination system for the mission. The manifest displayed the origin system where I accepted the mission, not the destination system where I was supposed to go. This is probably why I thought it was not working before.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Milo wrote:
However, I noticed that the F5 manifest showed the wrong destination system for the mission. The manifest displayed the origin system where I accepted the mission, not the destination system where I was supposed to go.
Ah, this is a confirmed bug. Thanks for spotting it. A new release is on the way.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 0.5.0 has just been released. A big update, this one. In this version:
  • Added some civil warzone missions (types 90, 91).
  • Added defence missions (types 150, 152, 154, 156).
  • Added a new delivery mission (type 46), which involves collecting cargo from a waypoint, and dropping it at another waypoint.
  • Added a new investigation mission (136). Be afraid...
  • Added secondary mission (type 74) to solar activity missions (70, 71, 73).
  • Fixed error in description for solar activity mission (74).
  • Fixed issue preventing the "gather ingredients" mission (53) from being created.
  • Fixed issue with the "Remove Ejection Damper" equipment item, which wasn't removing the ejection damper equipment.
  • Fixed issue with cargo recovery missions (6, 7), where ejecting and re-scooping cargo pods would throw the mission status out of kilter.
  • Fixed manifest entry for the upload surveillance data mission (118) which was showing the wrong destination.
  • Fixed some missions that were not including a player-rated bonus in their payment amounts.
  • Defend satellite missions (124) were not being created for players with more than 64 kills.
  • Upgrade satellite firmware missions (115) now have proper pass codes to transmit to the satellites.
  • Tweaked the payment amount, and completion time requirement for satellite firmware update missions (115).
  • Completing the delivery of personal messages for a dead pilot (141, secondary mission after investigation mission 132) now done manually.
  • Limited some Thargoid missions to only be available in frontier systems.
  • Updated description of Range Finder MFD equipment on F3 screen to include mention of cargo pods mode.
  • Tweaks to the custom assassin AI routines to eliminate null target conditions.
  • Various adjustments to the manifest entry for many missions.
  • Spelling corrections.
  • Bug fixes and code refactoring.
  • Added a method to main script to allow for any mission to be easily tested during runtime ($testMissionType).
Balisongdalo
Competent
Competent

Post by Balisongdalo »

Outstanding update, gonna try the new missions. This is one of your best, along with most wanted, smugglers and the other QoL oxp's that coexist together. Thank you for the continued updates.
"Proof is in the eyes man, when you know, you know"
Flying the D.T.T. War Lance
phkb

Post by phkb »

Well, fingers crossed I haven't introduced more bugs than I've fixed...
Prester John
Competent
Competent

Post by Prester John »

I need a little help.

I have the 'Amnesty Mission' (jump in interstellar space between 2 systems and fight 4 Thargoids).
I am in one of these systems.... then what?
I can use Toruses to fly as fast as I can but I find NOTHING.
I have spent about more than one HOUR to search.
NOTHING. :x

Simple question (demanding simple answer) : HOW do I do to COMPLETE THIS MISSION?
HOW do I do to join the Navy in Battle?
*SNARL!* :evil:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Prester John wrote:
(jump in interstellar space between 2 systems and fight 4 Thargoids).
Are you performing a mis-jump when you hyperspace between those systems? That is, are you forcing your ship to mis-jump?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

As the Witchspace Countdown gets to 2 seconds press and hold the down arrow key on your keyboard. This action forces a Mis-jump into Interstellar Space where you can hunt for the Thargoids. If you have already done this, are in Interstellar Space, and the Thargoids are just not showing up then that is a problem phkb will have to answer. Have noted that on occasion the interstellartweaks.oxz does not play well with these Interstellar Space Thargoid Hunt missions.

Slightly ninja-ed but the info is still valid.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Prester John
Competent
Competent

Post by Prester John »

phkb wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm
Prester John wrote:
(jump in interstellar space between 2 systems and fight 4 Thargoids).
Are you performing a mis-jump when you hyperspace between those systems? That is, are you forcing your ship to mis-jump?
Nope, I was just using FTL-Torus, you know...
Now, I have the solution *points above*
Thanks anyway. :)
Prester John
Competent
Competent

Post by Prester John »

Nite Owl wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm
As the Witchspace Countdown gets to 2 seconds press and hold the down arrow key on your keyboard. This action forces a Mis-jump into Interstellar Space where you can hunt for the Thargoids. If you have already done this, are in Interstellar Space, and the Thargoids are just not showing up then that is a problem phkb will have to answer. Have noted that on occasion the interstellartweaks.oxz does not play well with these Interstellar Space Thargoid Hunt missions.

Slightly ninja-ed but the info is still valid.
I didn't know we could do that... And, besides, the instructions on how-to, mwell... [GRUMF!] :|
(grmldammmit_jgugkgkh_whydon'ttheyteachus_,ù$^ :x *ù*mm_inthebeginning_*$^ :x $ù*_forthenewbies***SNARL!)
HAH! I feel better.

And I will test that immediately.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Prester John wrote:
I didn't know we could do that... And, besides, the instructions on how-to, mwell... [GRUMF!] :|
(grmldammmit_jgugkgkh_whydon'ttheyteachus_,ù$^ :x *ù*mm_inthebeginning_*$^ :x $ù*_forthenewbies***SNARL!)
I've been holding off putting explicit instructions in the mission text, going for a more generic "You must enter interstellar space -- manually -- from either [system], with your target system set to [destination], or from [destination], with your target system set to [system]." It just feels like it breaks mimesis to be telling the player behind the keyboard how to do something the player character should know how to do. But I understand your frustration. I might add a clue for the next release that can just be shown once to help players find the solution.
Prester John wrote:
HAH! I feel better.
Well, that's good, right? Right?
<laughs nervously>

:oops: