New Recruit Compliments to the Galaxy

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

I just realised there's a potential ambiguity here! * as in shift-8 does definitely take a screenshot of the game, but * as in numpad multiplier sign doesn't (afaik).

Looks like we need to be a bit more clear on the documentation.

On windows, assuming Oolite is installed on C:\Oolite\, the screenshots directory is C:\Oolite\oolite.app\oolite-saves\snapshots\

Bit of a mouthful, but for the next release we're making it easier: there's going to be a shortcut to the snapshot directory inside Start Menu>Programs>Oolite!

Hope this helps! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Falconeer
Competent
Competent

Post by Falconeer »

Thanks, Shift 8 works as as screen shot.................Very nice :D

Best Regards.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Hey Falconeer! Welcome to the Ooniverse... 8)

Glad you're enjoying 'Status Quo', don't forget there is a sequel too - 'Mutabilis' if you need to find out a little more about Rebecca and a few other oolite short stories available via my website.

As for a picture, I modelled Rebecca on 'Bechs' played by Hilary Swank in 'The Core'.

That could easily be the cockpit of a Mk3 Cobra... :)

There is also a great piece of artwork on the elite wiki page for mutabilis near the bottom which gives a fan's view of what Rebecca looks like. (Can't access the wiki at work, can anyone else link to the unsuccessful mutabilis coverpage entries?)

Daddyhoggy is also correct in mentioning that there is a 'Rebecca' on the forum, a triggerhappy young lass if I recall correctly, but she's not my 'Rebecca'... if that makes sense.

You can also meet Rebecca inside the game if you install my Tianve Pulsar OXP, fly to the Tianve system (Galaxy 1) and visit the Pulsar. Rebecca will provide you with an appropriate warm greeting as befits her personality... :lol:

Cheers,

Drew.
Last edited by drew on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

drew wrote:
There is also a great piece of artwork on the elite wiki page for mutabilis near the bottom which gives a fan's view of what Rebecca looks like. (Can't access the wiki at work, can anyone else link to the unsuccessful mutabilis coverpage entries?)
Cheers,
Drew.
Hi, did you mean?

Regards,
Smivs.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Yup, that's the one! :D

Thanks Smivs.

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

El Viejo wrote:
Falconeer wrote:
PS Does anyone have any space snaps of Rebecca? There's a gal who would be worth buying a drink for
Don't know about that... but we do have a member called Rebecca, who styles herself as 'Becka the Hermit Slayer'.
Yay! She blew up hermits. She was great!
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

drew wrote:
You can also meet Rebecca inside the game if you install my Tianve Pulsar OXP, fly to the Tianve system (Galaxy 1) and visit the Pulsar. Rebecca will provide you with an appropriate warm greeting as befits her personality... :lol:
Now that I know about your OXP... *goes downloading*
ClymAngus wrote:
Yay! She blew up hermits. She was great!
I take it as she's gone now? :(
Oh... that means the position of a Hermit Slayer is now vacant? :D
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

The 'real' Rebecca hasn't posted since the end of last year according to the memberlist...

...but she's probably out there... somewhere! 8)
Becka the Hermit Slayer
A reputation well deserved. I'd think twice about usurping her position though, she was quite vociferous as I recall!

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Falconeer
Competent
Competent

Post by Falconeer »

Thanks Drew, am enjoying Mutabilis at the moment.........excellent and adds to the Oolite experience :D

I believe you are writing a novel, I will be one of your customers.

20 odd years ago I last became "Elite". Again this superb Ooniverse has gripped as before. Better now, perhaps because I have the "nostalgia" element that reminds me of what I was doing in the 1980's. :wink: Additionally, Oolite has the possibility of customisation, which Elite never had!

Now I have an Ironass Cobra (well the Falcon is still an option) all I need is a co-pilot :D Strange how your imagination works! I had visualised Rebecca like Vasques in Aliens or a cross between her and Ripley? Your assumption may be the better, she fits your story more appropriately.

Right on Commander :D
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Falconeer wrote:
Thanks Drew, am enjoying Mutabilis at the moment.........excellent and adds to the Oolite experience :D

I believe you are writing a novel, I will be one of your customers.
Thanks - great encouragement! It really helps! 8)

I'm literally in the final few hours of proof reading the final draft. Next up will be finding an agent who's interested. Should be an interesting quest! Detail about the new book here, and you can follow my progress on twitter if you so desire...

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Falconeer
Competent
Competent

Post by Falconeer »

Hi Drew, now this title looks right in my System! I would like a signed copy (or 3) :D

Your quote:
"Religion and science may or may not be compatible, so I guess my book is my way of exploring what I think about all of this and the battle we all face in trying to seek real ‘truth’, despite the influences around us."

I immediatey thought of something that interests me, well....... probably half the planet ( at least the ones that are Ooliters :D ). At the Big Bang, all matter on a pinhead?....and before that..no time?.....now when science finds out how and why, will we have journeyed closer to "My God its full of Stars"? :)

Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Thanks again! Just finished the proofreading on the way home today. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Drew.
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Rebecca
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rebecca »

but we do have a member called Rebecca, who styles herself as 'Becka the Hermit Slayer'.
decloaks....

yes im still here! watching you all... :twisted:

i didn't come up with the name 'becka the hermit slayer'... it was an accident... one little slip and your the local chicken little... :lol:

B

whats all this with v1.7434.2.33.4 and stuff... do i need to upgrade or something?
Becca the Hermit Slayer, and part-time unpredictable avatar assassin.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Rebecca wrote:
do i need to upgrade or something?
Yeah, get 1.74… it’s good!

Good to see you back here, ‘accidental’ slayer of hermits.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Rebecca wrote:
but we do have a member called Rebecca, who styles herself as 'Becka the Hermit Slayer'.
decloaks....

yes im still here! watching you all... :twisted:

i didn't come up with the name 'becka the hermit slayer'... it was an accident... one little slip and your the local chicken little... :lol:

B

whats all this with v1.7434.2.33.4 and stuff... do i need to upgrade or something?
Welcome back Becka THS! 1.74 is available for beta testing, if you want, otherwise you can carry on with 1.73.4 (if that's what you're on) until the dust settles.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here