Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Killed by a ghost?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Svengali wrote:
I remember right I've had cases were EQs are completely destroyed. It is rare and the other EQ needs this to work properly .-)

I'll go and test it a bit more, hmm.
I also had cases of complete loss of equipment. Still not sure how that is possible. I can't find a reason for this in the code. I also log all damages and destoys separately in my log and never had a log about destroying. That means A) I don't read the log often enough, or B) it never did send an event.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Just tried it in SVN2509 (Diziet's installer) and removing damaged EQs is not possible (even in the console). The notification seems to work, but removing doesn't. But I'm still puzzled why the workaround failed too.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Non-removal of damaged equipment by script fixed in SVN2521-2522.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

This is what I get for trying to make new builds whilst you guys are fixing things.. in the last 45 minutes I've done builds (and uploaded) for 2517 and 2520, and now you go and make 2521-2522... <sigh> here I go again.. :lol:

Not complaining at all though.. keep 'em coming.. :D :D
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

another_commander wrote:
Non-removal of damaged equipment by script fixed in SVN2521-2522.
Nice! Just tried it - thanks a lot.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Svengali wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Should the vector.oxp become part of my personal Ooniverse (currently it is not), it would of course fall victim to the impermeable MASC-barrier.
Uuh! You're scratching a hole in the ships-hull, sucking the card out, replacing it with a dead fish? That's an extraordinary way, I'd say (and probably a surprise for that Commander too) :-)
Note that it's a painting of a dead fish, not an actual dead fish itself. :wink:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Commander McLane wrote:
Svengali wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Should the vector.oxp become part of my personal Ooniverse (currently it is not), it would of course fall victim to the impermeable MASC-barrier.
Uuh! You're scratching a hole in the ships-hull, sucking the card out, replacing it with a dead fish? That's an extraordinary way, I'd say (and probably a surprise for that Commander too) :-)
Note that it's a painting of a dead fish, not an actual dead fish itself. :wink:
Cruel, CMcL. It would be nice to leave something to eat behind, so I'm a bit disappointed now :-)

Oh, and some chips & beer. Eric? #32? Ok. And... for me #47 hot chilli.
What? ... Ah, and some Coke.

Galactic-Pizza-Service.oxp coming soon to you .-)

PS: Ok, it robs, ravages and rapes you, but hey - 'So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish'