Generation ships

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Almost.

I added the link to the ship-oxp list at the bottom of the page as well. :wink:
Begging pardon, good master. Been a while since I tampered with played with buggered up edited the Wiki. I'll remember next time. :D

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

screenshots anyone? i managed to grab a few. =D
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Well why not post them on the board then. :)
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81)
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Generation ships

Post by Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81) »

HueijRevisited wrote:
Does anyone know where to find the Generation Ships OXP? The Wiki turns up an upload page :( I've seen some pictures on this board and I would like to see one in "real life".
Glad you found the file, I've picked it up as well - looking forward to meeting one of them.

Are the Hueij i know from poly by any chance? if so it was you that pointed me in the direction of Oolite, so thanks very much :D

If so you'll know me as El_Cid, the new version of child of Thor that used to run those mad elite stories on poly(Cmdr Thorsson being the one).
HueijRevisited
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by HueijRevisited »

Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81) wrote:

Glad you found the file, I've picked it up as well - looking forward to meeting one of them.

Are the Hueij i know from poly by any chance? if so it was you that pointed me in the direction of Oolite, so thanks very much :D

If so you'll know me as El_Cid, the new version of child of Thor that used to run those mad elite stories on poly(Cmdr Thorsson being the one).
Ah, so my posts on Poly about Oolite did some good :) BTW, I really liked those stories, maybe you can revive that thread?

@ all others: Poly stands for the forums over at http://apolyton.net/forums, dedicated to the Civilization series (and some other stuff).
Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81)
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Cmdr Thorsson(aka zx81) »

I suspect that as I get into Oolite more I will end up trying to do the oxp thing. I might even have a go at creating the Galactic Falcon and running a mission for it?(thats at the ambitious end at the momment - I haven't yet experienced a mission in Oolite so don't know quite what can be done).

But yeah Cmdr Thorsson is alive and well having moved from FFE to Oolite :D

EDIT: here's that original Cmdr Thorsson thread(the story starts towards midway):

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.p ... did=127267
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

is there any particular way to upload the pics, or do i need to host them somewheres? i can do either. oh... i should copy over my adventure from the other thread, as it includes gen ships. =D

***copied verbatim from the bug-and-testing thread***

crashed again. but this time with an interesting experience before hand. i went bug-hunting, and found that just after i warped in, two generation ships warped in almost on top of me. i could see the individual rivets on the superstructure. took me a good while at full thrust to even see the entire thing. as i was looking in awe at the rusted over docking bay, i noticed that one of the ships was going critical. something at the other end of the ship was attacking it! (i suspect thargoids, but i don't know because it was out of my radar range!!)

suddenly the ship exploded producing a pair of wormholes. i chased them down and bullseyed them. (hit the rings and they accelerate....) this produced some orbs and assorted mind-controlled ships. a lot of them. so i happened to have this second-hand quirium mine i found. chucked it out the cargolock, and hit the afterburners.

well, that produced a trio of phantom worm holes... or two somethings with rings and another thing with a variable pulsating glow surrounded by a thick shroud of splinters. none of which could be id'ed or tractored. i wasn't willing to test a collision. shooting was ineffective as well.

after a while i moved on, but it was interesting gathering what data i could in the interest of science. ^^

oh... i took screenshots too. =D

Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

HueijRevisited wrote:
...@ all others: Poly stands for the forums over at http://apolyton.net/forums, dedicated to the Civilization series (and some other stuff).
...ah hah... ...many thanks for slipping in that link!!

I am a die-hard Civ fan, as well as Elite/Oolite! :wink:

...and people say to me, "but what will you do with yourself if you take early retirement...???" :lol: :lol: :lol: (next January 31st.... hooorrrrrayyyyyyyy!!!!!)
(maybe I'll actually finish writing the mission I started 3 years ago - the recent improvements to scripting will make it much more interesting!!....)
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

nijineko wrote:
is there any particular way to upload the pics, or do i need to host them somewheres? i can do either.
I think you need to host them, then use the IMG tags to link the URL to a post. I use imageshack.us, which seems to work fine.
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

righteo. i'll do so next opportunity that i have time. =D

Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

We can hardly wait (there should be a :drool: emoticon )