Old Chestnut from a Newbie

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Robbeasy »

Commander McLane wrote:
Just have a search through the boards. I remember at least one topic with a step-by-step explanation how to correctly place the hud. All you have to do is replacing the "corrected" number with the original one. Both are mentioned in that thread. So you really only need to search.
Aye - thats where the strangeness starts....

vers 1.65 - HUD image spot on

vers 1.68 - HUD image slightly out of synch, but a fiddle with the numbers of x and y in the config and all is well.

vers 1.69 - HUD image completely out of synch. Fiddling with the x and y in the config appears to do buggar all

Advanced compass works fine in 1.65 and 1.68, but not at all in 1.69

I will search through the threads and see hwat I can unearth - i suspect the compass not working possibly to be an OXP...?

is there anyone or anywhere I can post my err log to - anyone willing to have a look at it..?!?
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

check the testing and bugs thread, there is an email posted there.

not having any trouble with the adv compas in 1.69, or 1.69.1 or 1.69.1.1. i haven't found a hud i like yet, so i can't help you there.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Robbeasy wrote:
Advanced compass works fine in 1.65 and 1.68, but not at all in 1.69
That's the first report of the advanced compass not working, if you get no joy with the OXP route, if no one else reports a problem, try a reinstall, that often sorts out quirky bugs!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Robbeasy, do you have a non-US keyboard by any chance? If yes, try to map the compass key to something other than the default '\' by editing keyconfig.plist and see if it does the trick for you. I have tested the compass on a US layout keyboard and had no problems with it on 1.69 and 1.69.1.
Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Robbeasy »

Aha!

US keyboard the same as UK??

I seem to remember somewhere there are slight differences....i shall try out your top tip young sir....

update : That Fixed it!! Altered the config to another key, compass is back.....respectfully suggest all non US Keyboard config users be informed?!?

Anyone got any idea why the x and y variables not making any differences in 1.69 for the HUD problem?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

All my testing is done with a UK keyboard, and it works here. :-/
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Do we have other non-US keyboard users with the same problem on this board that would like to confirm it before we set off the alarms?

Just need to know if Robbeasy's case is an isolated one or not.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I have a german keyboard and have redefined a lot of keys, as the US-keys are either at completely different places or simply nonexistent on my keyboard. So I have customized a lot and there is no feature I can't use.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The reason I test with a UK keyboard rather than a Swedish one is that some of the default key mappings aren’t available on the Swedish layout. Fixing this would require redesigning the key handling to bind to keys rather than character codes… this is one of those things I’d like to do, but it’d break existing key config files and people’s habits, so I don’t want to do it more than once, so it has to be done properly the first time, IYSWIM.
Robbeasy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Robbeasy »

different people will have different configs - as long as you make it clear to people to check their setup against the default then its no worries...

You cant please everyone......

anyhoo......still got the HUD problem.........anyone???!?