2 wee Q's

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

2 wee Q's

Post by Alex »

Hi Commanders,
I'm currently playing as a bounty hunter and was wondering about the message 'Revenge ship added' for each jump after giving the big stick to some poor sod. seems it tops out at about 6 and then goes away??
but what is the "PMW" then a long serial number?

Also I tend to top up my hard heads and maintenance at military posts. I have 75% discount. was just wondering if that is the top or shall I buy more bonds? I have about 350 at the moment, doesn't seem like a lot.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Jon Ridgway
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Jon Ridgway »

Hi Alex,

Not sure about your discount / war bonds question - but re revenge ships - I believe that when you play Random Hits - a random chance of encountering some of your contracts mates are added to your savegame after a hit - you will then occasionally encounter mates seeking revenge for the hit at a systems waypoint when you jump in, you will be able to tell as they will be named characters and be hurling appropriate insults in your direction.

Regards,

Jon.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

And the strange gobbledegook you see is debugging code.. after all, RandomHits is still in beta.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

PWM is one of the coordinate-systems used by Oolite. You can display your own coordinates with SHIFT-F. It tells you where you are between Planet and Witchpoint in Meters.
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

You have to be rated Competent before being able to dock with Space Bars, right?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I think you can dock with them before becoming Competent, but you won't be able to take missions...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Hmm, I'm Above Average now and I can't dock with them. I have tried going as close to the far docking bay wall as I dare and it doesn't do anything, so I think I'll have to rack up a few more kills to get past the bouncers.

They have tattoos and everything. :|
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

It's a bug. Fly through the back wall. I'm serious.
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

LOL, okay I'll try it later.